Ecobank Rwanda Plc.
P.O. BOX: 3268 Kigali – Rwanda
External recruitment Advert
Job Vacancy: Trade Finance Product Officer
Opening date: August 9, 2022
Closing date: August 16, 2022
About Ecobank Rwanda Plc
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is a full-service bank that joined the Rwandan market in 2007 with the aim of providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporates business segments.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Rwanda and the region by providing customers with convenient and reliable financial products and services.
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an affiliate under Ecobank Group and operates in Central East and Southern African (CESA) region.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for experienced professional in the following area
Role Title: Trade Finance Product Officer
Reporting: Head Transaction Services Group (TSG)
- Overall responsibility for revenue growth and market share growth of the trade business in line with set targets
- To develop traditional and non-traditional and innovative Trade Products programs to position Ecobank as the preferred trade bank
- To ensure a strategic and coordinated product development & sales focus, servicing the Trade product needs of both existing and new business clients as well as the reporting of all trade activities to relevant stakeholders.
- Formulate and articulate a country trade business strategy aligned to the Group trade business strategy
- Develop a Trade Customer Target Market list and carry out wallet sizing exercise to better understand the flows, players, volumes, and trade corridors
- Ensure appropriate pricing of Trade products and ensure full collection of fees and commissions, whilst growing this revenue line
- Review trade monthly financials and MIS process
SALES AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Actively initiate & support new product development, roll-out and implementation
- Originate, structure and close trade deals against customer opportunities sourced either jointly with LAM, RAM, GAM or directly
- Develop and manage a trade deal pipeline and manage end to end deal conversion working closely with LAMs, RAMs, GAMs and Group Trade Head to ensure revenue momentum is sustained
- Draw up weekly customer calling plan for trade customers to drive trade business
- Negotiate key trade terms with clients/resolving issues between product and client
- Provide expert trade advisory services to customers
- Monitor and drive customer approved trade credit facility utilization
- Champion risk approvals for trade deals and provide risk management of trade portfolio and structured solutions to mitigate risk
- Provide Relationship Managers & Customers continuous trade product knowledge through training, workshop and forums to maximum trade opportunity identification/solutions
- Development and delivery of client trade sales materials, presentations, proposals, brochures and product awareness campaign
- Drive overall client satisfaction and service benchmark of trade offering and build customer loyalty
- Ensure that the processes, structures and systems required to effectively service existing clients and develop new clients are in place and continuously reviewed using SLA’s
- Develop a client development and retention plan for every existing client, using the banks tool to optimize our cross-selling and deep selling opportunities with the client
- Establish and maintain critical relationships with stakeholders in the local market, and with stakeholders in the wider Ecobank Group
- Continually drive and ensure consistent and superior client orientated culture and high-quality service delivery to trade customers. Strong engagement of Operations, Technology is required.
- Ensure Ecobank’s Trade Electronic Banking Platforms meet customer needs in-country.
- Ensure Ecobank’s Trade Electronic Banking products are positioned as a leader in the market and grow acquisitions aggressively.
- Work with local Risk Management to ensure that all Trade transactions are processed within the defined risk mitigation parameters.
- Interface with Compliance and Audit functions and manage incidents and issues raised within the Transaction Banking domain.
- Work with Operations and Technology to ensure that all issues relating to the Trade Electronic platform are resolved as swiftly as possible.
- Be the Transaction Banking lead on all Operations and Technology projects that have an impact on the Trade Business and solutions.
Leadership and People Management
- Embed the payments/digital/agency distribution agenda in organizational culture
- Provide timely and accurate information on distribution management activities and metrics
- Actively partner with the affiliate head of TSG and Business Heads to optimize distribution
PROCESS CONTROL and OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE
- Ensure there is a strong internal control system in place to minimize operational losses and franchise risks and monitor its adequacy and effectiveness
- Lead strategic initiatives that will position Ecobank Rwanda s as ‘wherever, whenever’ preferred provider of banking services from an acquiring perspective
- Implement a loyalty program for merchants and customers that will result massive growth in product sales
The role involves constant interaction with customers to originate and structure transactions and internal stakeholders mainly LAMs, RAMs, GAMs, Group Trade Product Manager, Risk and other stake holders for business development and reviews. The incumbent should be customer & results focused; highly self-motivated with a professional can-do approach. Bilingual speaking (English/ French) is an added advantage.
JUDGEMENT / COMPLEXITY
- Need to consider impact of customer requirements and solutions on Operations, IT, bank systems, delivery logistics and revenue implications
- Need to co-ordinate with various stakeholders, both within the bank and outside to ensure seamless implementation
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES
- Sound Trade Products knowledge with ability to package simple and complex trade transactions
- Ability to interact and negotiate with customers at a senior level
- Good organizational and time management skills are highly desirable;
- Strong networks within the corporate market
- Minimum 3 years of Experience in high level Trade Finance relationship building and maintenance
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree (BBA Finance/Accounting or MBA)
- Team player and results driven.
- Self-starter capable of working on your own initiative
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Planning & Problem solving
- Accountability and responsibility
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an equal opportunities company and females’ candidates are encouraged to apply, If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please write in confidence quoting the position on the subject matter
How to apply: Interested candidates should apply through “Apply” button not later than August 16, 2022
Only those who strictly meet the criteria should apply for this position
Due to expected high volume of applications we cannot respond to all applications and will only be contacting shortlisted applicants.
ECOBANK RWANDA MANAGEMENT