Senior Manager, Corporate Affairs at MTN Rwanda: (Deadline 9 June 2022)
Click here to join our jobs what’s up group
About MTN Rwanda
MTN Rwanda is focused on attracting, recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals that contribute meaningfully to the achievement of our mission of making our customers’ lives a whole lot BRIGHTER. We are an equal employment employer with a strong culture that is forward looking and encourages creative thinking and innovation, while remaining at the forefront of the latest technology and trends.
MTN Rwanda is therefore Internally and Externally recruiting a highly competent and self-motivating individual for the below Position in Corporate Services Department
- Overseeing the initiation, planning and effective implementation of the Corporate Affairs annual strategy (for all divisions within CA, namely Sustainability, CSR, Reputation Management, Stakeholder engagement, PR/Corporate Communications, and Internal Communications) while ensuring alignment with the Company’s overall strategy.
- Leading, building and maintaining relationships with all MTN key stakeholders both public & private
- Preparation of the Company’s Sustainability reports and ensuring all activities/initiatives related to Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) KPIs are implemented effectively and efficiently and are aligned with National commitments
- Management of MTN Foundation and its activities; ensuring the Foundation Board of Trustees meets regularly to approve all proposed MTN Foundation activities, and management of the MTN Foundation budget to ensure it is used in an impactful and efficient manner.
- Develop and implement the Company’s Stakeholder Engagement Plan (annual, quarterly and monthly plans) for purposes of maintaining effective relationships with external partners.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of all Corporate Affairs related polices
- Plan, design, implement and manage internal Corporate Social Responsibility programs as budgeted for and approved
- Manage MTN Foundation funds and projects to ensure all governance requirements are met and all projects executed efficiently and effectively
- Manage effective and consistent representation in industry affairs and lobby with external parties and stakeholders,
- Be responsible for reputational management for the company, facilitate annual reputation survey; develop and implement action plans for each stakeholder category based on outcomes of the reputation survey
- Planning and implementation of all ESG related initiatives to ensure alignment with overall MTN Group strategy and ensure delivery of all ESG targets
- Be responsible for the company’s sustainability reporting (internal and external reporting)
- Preparation of reports on Corporate Affairs related matters to Executive Management, MTN Group, Board of Directors and any other relevant stakeholder
- Oversee development and implementation of the company’s Internal Communications strategy
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organisational perception and reputation
- Oversee development and implementation of the company’s Public Relations strategy and plans; leads awareness of these strategies and increase visibility of PR programs and priorities within the organization and to key stakeholders.
- Budget management for Corporate Services to ensure efficient spending and completion of priority task/projects/initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in either Social Sciences, Project Management, Public Relations, Political Science, Management, Public Administration, Communication, or any related field.
- Master’s degree in any of above areas (advantage)
- Minimum 6-7 years’ experience in Managerial positions in the following areas: project management, corporate communication and PR, stakeholder management, managing sustainability projects, and reputational management
How to apply
All interested candidates are requested to send their application letters and updated curriculum vitae together with copies of their academic credentials not later than
9th June 2022 at 5:00 pm through the job’s platform on: jobs2.RW@mtn.com
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted within 14 days after their submission.
We strongly encourage applications from women and individuals with disabilities.
MTN Rwanda is an equal opportunity employer.