BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular position.
Position: Senior Internal Auditor
Job location: BRAC Rwanda Country Office
Report to: Head of internal auditor
Major Duties and responsibilities:
- To Assist Head of Internal Audit in conducting audit of BRAC Programs as per Annual Audit Plan, Scope of Audit and Audit Program:
- Annual Audit
- Continuous Audit
- Special Audit
- Risk Based Audit through field visit to different locations in Rwanda
- Physical Verification of Inventory
- Surprise Audit
- Departmental Process Audit
- Financial Statements Audit
- Legal and donor compliance Audit
- Preparation of summary report on Internal Control Questionnaire (ICQ)
- Compliance of the Organization Policy/Procedure.
- To prepare Audit report and submit to Head of Internal Audit/CEO (as per requirement)
- To provide technical support to the Country Risk Management Committee on Risk Register
- To face review on Draft Audit Report and working file with Head of Internal Audit
- To compare and finalize Draft Audit Report after review
- To comply with reporting structure and filing properly with adequate evidences.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Knowledge, Skill & Competence
- Proven knowledge of internal auditing standards and procedures, country laws, rules and regulations
- Self-motivated, determined and confidence.
- Self-Driven, flexible, resilient and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English is required (speaking, reading and writing)
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, Accounting software/ERP
- Familiarity and experience with microfinance is strongly preferred
Educational Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Management/Finance. ACCA/CPA/CIA (Part Qualified) will be given preference.
Experience: Minimum two years of experience in any reputed Audit Firm or two years of working experiences in internal audit department of any financial institution, (internal or external).
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of the position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and notarized scan copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Application deadline is 13th June 2022 at 16.00 hrs.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.