Resource Mobilization & Financial Institutions Relations at Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD): (Deadline 15 August 2022)
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
- Operational Excellence:Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
- Strategic Partnerships:Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
- Dynamic Culture:Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality and disability norms. We promote gender responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following position:
MANAGER – RESOURCE MOBILIZATION & FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS RELATIONS (1)
|Job Title: Manager – Resource Mobilization & Financial Institutions Relations||Job grade: JG5|
|Department/Unit: Strategy, Resource Mobilization, M&E and Research|
|Reports to: Head of Strategy, Resource Mobilization, M&E and Research|
|Direct Report: FI Relations Officer||Indirect Reports: N/A|
|Contract Terms – Open Ended|
|Purpose of the Job|
|This role is responsible for building an increasingly, diversified network of supporters, including policy-makers, development financial institutions, donors/partners as well as other philanthropic institutions/individuals who can provide funds, technical support and other forms of collaboration to meet the strategic objectives of BRD.|
|Main Responsibilities of the Job|
|Duties and responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
· Identify opportunities for business development and partnerships to deliver on the strategic objectives
· Develop and implement fundraising strategies for enabling the Bank to achieve its mission, and vision
· Develop and submit high quality institutional and high value program/product proposals that are aligned with defined priorities, demonstrate impact, and offer value for money.
· Prepare project proposals for funding partners for co-financing and syndication
· Approach and raise sufficient funds from partners/donors and foundations within Rwanda and abroad to finance developmental projects
· Identify and propose to BRD’s Management innovative ideas of resource mobilisation that will help the Bank to have a wide range of partners and affordable funds
· Provide input into the development of the BRD strategy, by supporting the Business Development growth
· Provide input into the development of the departmental policies, procedures, and processes, providing the guidelines required for efficient delivery
· Develop annual work plans based on the approved bank’s resourcing strategy to guide operations of the unit
· Maintain a good relationship with existing and potential lenders by ensuring that reports and covenants are adhered to and by adequately communicating on Bank’s activities
· Networking, updating, and liaising with key in-country and international partners
· Sensitize and train BRD staff on common understanding of resource mobilization function
· Design and facilitate capacity building initiatives/training to strengthen staff capacity to contribute to fundraising effectively and proactively
· Manage staff performance and provide regular feedback to staff, including interns and volunteers on their performance
· Conduct and document staff annual performance reviews
· Assist and support team to implement activities effectively
|· Weekly reporting to supervisor.
· Monthly briefing note outlining key issues for BRD Management attention.
· Quarterly progress reports to the Head of Strategy, Resource Mobilization, M&E and FI Relations describing major activities undertaken and tasks accomplished during the reporting period and challenges hindering implementation process.
· End of year performance report.
|· All departments|
|Professional, academic qualifications and experience|
|· Master’s Degree in economics, Finance, Public Policy, International Relations, Business Development, Development Studies, or related field.
· A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in Business Development, Resource mobilization; two (2) of which must be in a senior management level
· Experience of developing successful proposals to Development Finance Institutions/MDBs –Trusts, Foundations, and philanthropy
· Knowledge of the banking sector, Financial Sector environment, regional and international market dynamics
· In-depth understanding of logical frameworks as a tool to develop theory of change and intervention logic
· Excellent writing, reasoning, and analytical skills; ability to speak and write both English & French is preferred
· Excellent communication skills.
|· Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills;
· Excellent project management skills including demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities and multiple tasks.
· Result oriented
· Good interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills
· Demonstrated team leadership
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables, data validation, macros, general modeling) and Microsoft PowerPoint (e.g., executive-level presentations) is required.
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): email@example.com
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital, and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Monday 15th August 2022
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Due to expected high volume of applications, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, Monday 8th August 2022