JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST ENERGY POVERTY!
Who we are:
Bboxx is a UK-based Next Generation Utility company providing affordable, reliable and clean energy solutions to meet off-grid customers’ energy needs. We are fully vertically integrated, controlling every part of our customer experience. having already impacted over 2 million customers’ lives with our solar home systems (SHS) so far and diversification into clean cooking and other utilities underway, we have 1000+ staff working across five offices in Europe, Asia and Africa – who are waking up every morning to transform the lives of our customers and to unlock their potential.
Title: Repair Systems Engineer
Reports to: Devices Support Manager
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
The Bboxx repair systems consist of a set of workflows, tools and physical processes through which products returned from customers under our Pay-As-You-Go business model get inspected, and either refurbished if no faults are found, or repaired as necessary.
As Repair Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting our repair systems and processes and directing the development of the physical and software tools and equipment needed to realize it. You will be involved at an early stage of the product development cycle, working with our design engineering, production engineering, and support teams to define optimal repair processes and to make sure that we design products that can be repaired in the most cost-effective way.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Own the Repair processes and workflows
- Work with the Devices Support Manager and Head of Devices to map out the short-term and long-term vision and strategies for our Repair processes
- Work with the operational support teams, the Repair Centre staff, and the development/engineering teams to define suitable Repair processes that balance the needs for rapid throughput and successful, high-quality repairs
- Work with backend, frontend, and embedded software developers to create and maintain the software systems needed to implement these Repair processes
- Work with the Repair Centre Product Manager, the Devices Support Manager, and other teams to proactively identify issues with our existing repair processes and then implement process changes to resolve these issues and improve the processes.
- Respond to and resolve support tickets concerning repair processes, tools, and equipment
- Create support content: training documentation, launch packs, troubleshooting guides, etc
What we are looking for:
- Python / C / SQL
- Frontend design / UX experience
- Engineering degree
- Process design skills
- Human-centered design skills
- Experience with Off-grid solar energy systems
- Experience with embedded electronics
- A quick learner able to grasp complex, unfamiliar concepts readily and learn new skills quickly
- A self-leader with good organizational skills
- A problem-solving mindset and strong problem-solving abilities
- An ability to effectively break complex projects down into manageable subtasks
- A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively
- A degree in a technical subject such as engineering, computer science or project management
- Excellent communicator: You will be communicating technical information with some of London’s most talented engineers and our customers in an off-grid setting. You need to be flexible, patient, and persistent.
- French language skills: Bboxx operates in markets where the main language is French so being able to read/write and speak French will be an asset.
- You deliver and expect the best: At Bboxx we all strive to deliver extraordinary work to transform lives and unlock potential through access to energy. We expect others to do the same.
If you would like to find out more about what we are doing to transform lives through providing access to energy and services, please have a look at www.bboxx.com
Please upload your CV and answer few questions via our online application platform: https://bboxx.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/1257?c=bboxx
Qualified candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP.
The deadline for applications is June 14th, 2022.