RECRUITMENT NOTICE Nº 003/05/2022
MUGANGA SACCO is a Saving and Credit Cooperative for health sector staff in Rwanda. Its primary objective is to improve members’ socio-economic conditions and promote access to finance, by assisting them to make savings and access low-rate loans, therefore contributing significantly to their retention. The SACCO started as HSS-MAG (Health Sector Staff Mutual Aid Group) and was established as a result of the Government of Rwanda’s advice to the Ministry of Health to find strategies to motivate and retain healthcare professionals in the public sector, which is one of the constraints hindering the quality of healthcare services in Rwanda.
Muganga SACCO wishes to recruit the competent and self-driven staff on the position of Public Relations & Communication Manager on permanent basis regardless the gender, and other kind of discriminations.
Position: Public Relations & Communication Manager
Number of needed staff: One
Employment period: Open-ended period (Full-time)
Working place: Muganga SACCO Head Office
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
Reporting to the Director General, the Public Relations and Communications Manager, is responsible for promoting the corporate identity and Muganga SACCO’s mission and managing the relationship between the SACCO and its key audiences, including Members, the Board of Directors and Board Committees, the media, the government, and the general public. The PR and Communications Manager is responsible for handling the SACCO’s public relations, information output, press releases, media requests, and monitoring the company’s social media platforms and website. The job also includes coordination of high-level events and organizing activities of the governing bodies of the SACCO. The PR and Communications Manager supports the Director General on daily basis on the general activities of the SACCO.
- Public Relations and Communications
- Develop and implement the SACCO’s PR and communication strategy;
- Arrange and budget for PR events and initiatives;
- Pitch story ideas and content to media;
- Ensure all external and internal communication materials are cohesive with the branding guidelines;
- Coordinate external and internal communications flow like newsletters, announcements, etc.
- Producing presentations, reports, articles, leaflets, journals, and brochures for both external and internal distribution;
- Craft and implement crisis communications guide as needed;
- Review and approve internal communication content;
- Act as a media liaison and maintain communication with the media on a regular basis;
- Manage media inquiries and arrange interviews and statements in a timely and professional manner;
- Track and analyze media coverage to inform future campaigns;
- Assist with hiring and managing freelance copywriters, graphic designers, and others;
- Drafting quarterly newsletters and year-end recaps of the SACCO’s activities;
- Developing articles, stories, and op-ed pieces for various Muganga SACCO events;
- Creating video tutorials for SACCO’s online banking platforms.
Website, social media
- Work with the ICT department to plan and deliver a website refresh, including content writing, asset supply, and project management of a designer/developer team;
- Monitor and manage the SACCO’s social media accounts;
- Duties within the Director General’s Office
- Coordination of high-level events such as the General Assembly and governing organs meetings, sessions, and workshops;
- Drafting speeches for the leadership of the SACCO for special occasions;
- Drafting reports, announcements, and other official correspondences of the SACCO;
- Assist with recording minutes for the Board Meetings and the General Assembly;
- Coordinating outreach activities to several health institutions where members are located;
- Drafting several concept notes;
- Assist with forming partnerships with local and regional financial institutions;
- Managing official email of the SACCO;
- Managing the Director General’s calendar;
- Managing electronic and manual filing;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Day to Day Duties
- Daily support to the Director General on the institution’s general activities;
- Develop communications material;
- Prepare articles for corporate newsletters;
- Monitor social, economic, and political trends that might affect the organization;
- Recommend ways to enhance the SACCO’s image on the basis of trends.
- Guide, lead, and manage the staff under your supervision in such a manner that promotes motivation, efficiency, and a high degree of discipline in all activities;
- Participate in the setting of annual objectives and inculcate a culture of bi-annual performance appraisal to the subordinate staff.
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
- Building awareness and a favorable image of Muganga SACCO to its key audience;
- Increase media coverage of the Muganga SACCO activities, events, and successes;
- Creating interest by providing information to the SACCO key audience on the new updates;
- Managing crises and public comments that threaten Muganga SACCO’s image or its products;
- Successful coordination of the SACCO’s events and high organs’ meetings and sessions;
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication which demonstrates an ability to articulate the SACCO’s missions persuasively;
- Flexible, results-oriented, and able to work in a financial institution’s environment;
- Self-starter, and a team member;
- Ambitious professional with a Bachelor’s degree of Communication;
- At least 2 years of experience in public relations; customer relationships or similar roles from a reputable organization including 1year of experience as a public relations professional in a SACCO or a Microfinance Institution (supporting document is compulsory);
- Experience with drafting speeches for the leadership team of an institution;
- Experience with coordinating high-level events;
- Experience with coordinating outreach activities;
- Excellent writing and editing skills with experience producing documents for external audiences, such as feature articles, or blogs;
- Experience managing relationships with external stakeholders and partners, e.g. government officials;
- Experience with drafting MoUs and concept notes;
- A thorough understanding of financial products and services using digital platforms;
- Aptitude to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals;
- Ability to apply technical problem-solving techniques;
- Banking experience is a plus, but not a requirement;
- To be between 25 and 30 years’ old.
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Interested candidates should submit soft copies of the motivation letter, CV and copy of required degree, other important documents and Maximum of 3 persons of professional references addressed electronically to the Muganga SACCO Office at the Ministry of Health, latest 15 June 2022 at 6:00 PM on the following email address: email@example.com
Questions/clarifications may be requested by email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the exam and interview.
Done at Kigali, on 31 May 2022
Muganga SACCO Management