Project Manager at Business Professionals Network (BPN) – Rwanda: (Deadline 5 June 2022)
Are you a charismatic leader familiar with Adult Learning in Rwanda and who can leverage gained people management and project management experience to assess and efficiently implement capacity building for managers in the African Entrepreneurship Ecosystem while collaborating with international training institutions and partners?
Here is an opportunity for you to bring entrepreneurs from good to great through a practical-oriented operational management education for their most valuable resource, their employees. Join our devoted team and association to shape the future of Rwanda.
BPN stands for Business Professionals Network. It is a Swiss Non-profit organization which strives to support the development of Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs), in order to create jobs and fight poverty.
BPN Business Owner Association (BOA) is an independent Rwandan Non-profit organization which offers a platform bringing together BPN entrepreneurs (Alumni) who explicitly wants to significantly contribute to advance Rwandan’s economy forward by putting their focus on the society, in which they prosper, rather than putting focus on themselves.
The main Mission of your position
The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for the planning, coordination of implementation, monitoring and budget management of project activities to implement a Training Institute for adults in Rwanda. He/ She will establish the necessary processes, organization and infrastructure with a project team consisting of international educational experts, IT specialists, national trainers, customer service and financial specialists.
The Project Manager will work in close collaboration with BOA board member to ensure that activities are implemented effectively and efficiently in order to contribute to the achievement of project objectives.
Main responsibilities include [but are not limited to]:
- Project organization is established with a comprehensive project plan, project organization (steering committee/ project team/ project reporting), quality control, efficiency and budget monitoring system.
- Project progress is managed with monthly & quarterly reports and presentations to the project steering committee and the president of the board of BOA. These reports and presentations reflect also the own analysis, experiences and learnings gathered throughout the project.
- Project resources (cash, capacities) are ensured and monitored in collaboration with Finance and Administration Team according to approved budgets, recruitment and procurement plans.
- Project content (curricula, pedagogical approaches, E-learning platform) is developed in line with the qualitative objectives of the project and ensures the possibility to internationally certify the training programs.
- The relationship with project stakeholder is at the top level through effective communication; typical stakeholders are international sponsors, training partner institutes, investment experts, entrepreneurs, associations, the project team and educational experts.
- Project organization implementation (10%):
- Prepare the project plan (Gantt, methods, reporting structure) and administration. Define KPI’s and Impact Indicators to measure the objectives set out for the project.
- Organize and execute the project kick-off with all stakeholders.
- Onboard project-team members whenever it’s necessary.
- Project progress reflection, lead and monitoring (30%):
- Analyze documentation regarding the content of the project (business plan, training need surveys, proposed curricula, pedagogical approaches, digitalization of contents and management, E-learning, marketing and so on) reflect and integrate learnings into the project.
- Lead the project team through effective project leadership. Organize the team & steerco-meetings, follow up on activities etc. and ensure the effective and timely implementation of the program.
- Report and present project progress monthly and quarterly as well as ad hoc, whenever necessary. Ensure visibility and constant evaluation to all project stakeholders.
- Maintain documentary of learnings and feedbacks and make it available for decision taking and project improvement activities.
- Project controlling (20%)
- Control expenses within approved budget. Propose budget adaptations, whenever necessary, to the steering committee for approval.
- Ensure, that recruitments and procurements are executed within the respective plans.
- Respect the dead-lines of the project deliverables and mile-stones.
- Ensure all activities related to the quality management of the project are executed in time and with diligence. Organize audits (external or by committees of the steerco) whenever they are necessary.
- Content contribution (30%)
- Contribute with own content and challenge proposals of modules, its learning outcomes, tests, participant and trainers materials (such as presentations, videos, interactive E-learning content, case studies, tools provided etc.). Actively make sure, that the programs are attractive for local and regional team-leaders and managers as well as for their superiors.
- Observe and maintain conditions for international certification.
- Review proposed contents and pedagogical approaches. Adapt it to the local context, wherever necessary.
- Organize and supervise the quality of translations, whenever necessary.
- Moderate team meetings to achieve above in a collaborative way.
5.Maintain relationship and collaboration with government and other project stakeholders (10%)
- Ensure close joint planning, coordination and collaboration with the steerco, local and international partners (especially with the partner training institution) and local authorities.
- Collaborate internally with program support staff and other stakeholders.
- Negotiate directly with donors based on agreed-upon plans with the steerco and other board members.
Your Professional Experience
- Master’s degree in business and education, or a related field.
- 5-8 years of project management and related experience including familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies and best practices.
- More than 3 years of experience in modern competence-based education of adults in Africa (case-studies, blended learning, E-learning, webinars etc.).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Your Working attitude
At BOA we expect every employee to proactively practice, nurture and strengthen the following key aspects of his or her working attitude:
- Have a learning attitude
- Be a good listener
- Be the driver of your own development process
- Strive to perform and deliver beyond strict job content
Your Key competencies:
- Passion to serve others
- Being empathetic
- Strongly objective and result oriented, proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Disciplined (order punctuality, representative attitude), diligent and well structured
- High self-motivation, independent working style
- Leader and Team player
- Excellent analytical and creative thinking
- Proven problem solving skills in creative ways
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and on paper at the level of international experts in Kinyarwanda, French, English and. Swahili and German are a plus.
- Excellent negotiation skills at level of international donors.
- Financial management skills
- Training and teaching skills
- Competency in ICT applications
People working with or who have worked for training institutes, hubs, educational projects or similar are encouraged to apply.
Place of work
- Kacyiru and or Kiyovu, Kigali
- Readiness to travel across the country,
- Application link: https://lnkd.in/g6t2Szf
- Deadline: 5thJune 2022
Please note that due to high demand; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.