FXB Rwanda is a Rwandan Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) created in February 2012. It is affiliated to FXB International; an international NGO created in 1989, whose mission is to fight poverty and HIV/AIDS. FXB Rwanda is currently seeking to recruit for the following position for its program implemented in Nyanza, Huye and Rwamagana District.
Position title: Program Officer (OVC & DREAMS)
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Number of positions: 3
Job location: Nyanza, Huye and Rwamagana Districts
The Program officer is responsible for planning and coordinating Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and DREAMS activities implemented under USAID Turengere Abana Program at the community / sector level.
- Identification and enrollment of potential beneficiaries for both OVC and DREAMS interventions based on established selection criteria;
- Sensitization of beneficiaries and communities on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), Gender Based Violence (GBV) prevention and HIV prevention and services;
- Collaboration with health facilities to ensure the access of HIV services for beneficiaries and their partners as well as ensuring access to HIV care and treatment for those in need;
- Train and equip Mentors of AGYW on adolescent counseling techniques on GBV & HIV/AIDS, Psychosocial support, SRHR, Life skills, Sexual Consent Child safeguarding; and other knowledge/skills required to support AGYW;
- Implement Train of Trainers (TOT) for OVC caregivers and elder AGYW on Income Generating Activities for Internal Saving and Lending Groups;
- Promote positive parenting practices and effective parent-child communication about sex related issues through the Families Matter! Program curriculum.
- Participation in monitoring and evaluation of site activities, including strengthening and maintaining safe space(s), school monitoring visits, monitoring of ISGs;
- Train SASA Community Activists that provide GBV prevention services, Community awareness campaigns aiming at preventing GBV in communities;
- Provide all program related reports (quarterly, Semi-annual and annual reports) to the Supervisor;
- Organize Quarterly Joint Planning and Quality Improvement meetings with stakeholder (partners) representatives at sector level;
- Represent the organization at Sector level
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in development studies, social sciences, Public Health or related field;
- Three (3) years of experience in similar positions;
- Experience in USAID funded programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or French and Kinyarwanda
- Computer literacy to a high standard in Microsoft Office
- Driving licence Category A.
Interested candidates with required skills and competences are requested to submit their applications addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director at email@example.com.
The applications include motivation letter, CVs, and well completed FXB application form (found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/68hw76cw49ch06q/Job_Application_Form_-__FXB.pdf ). The applicants should be willing to work from any districts between Nyanza, Huye and Rwamagana. The applications will be accepted not later than Friday, August 19, 2022 at 4:00 P.M. (local time). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified Female applicants are encouraged to apply.