Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Rwanda Women’s Network (RWN): (Deadline 22 August 2022)
Job Advertisement for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Overview of Rwanda Women’s Network
Rwanda Women’s Network (RWN) is a national humanitarian non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to promoting and strengthening strategies that empower women in Rwanda since coming to being in 1997 and has extensive experience in fostering women’s participation and grassroots responses to community challenges.
Its mission is to work towards the improvement of the socio-economic welfare of women in Rwanda through enhancing their efforts to meet their basic needs. Its vision being that of having a healthy, wealthy and empowered Rwandan society.
Purpose of the position:
Rwanda Women’s Network is seeking an experienced staff to fill the position of an M&E officer. The person should have strong analytical and research skills; experience in the development of study designs both quantitative and qualitative approaches, experience in designing monitoring and evaluation tools for programs and projects, and a proven capacity to support others in a range of evaluation and data collection methodologies. The role involves supporting the project teams, and RWN community volunteers in the documentation of impact stories, best practices, and other learnings. S/He also contributes significantly to the planning and overall implementation process of Rwanda Women’s Network projects by ensuring consistent, compliance with the designs and standards.
|Position title:||Monitoring and Evaluation Officer|
|Job title of supervisor:||Director|
|Start date:||01st September 2022|
|Hours per week:||Full Time – 40 Hrs.|
|Number of positions open:||1|
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the program manager, the M&E officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee proper use of the M&E tools by the field staff and other stakeholders.
- Organize internal training workshops and other interactive sessions to build capacity in relation to M&E
- To coordinate data collection, analysis and storage towards generation of appropriate reports for management and other stakeholders;
- Support in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for submission to the partners and donors;
- Identify the need, and conduct and/or supervise organization evaluation and impact studies;
- Advise the Director, Program Manager and Project coordinators on M&E systems and operations;
- Support proposals and project agreements with expertise and thought leadership to establish adequate M&E frameworks;
- Monitor the quality, reliability and relevance of data collected to ascertain the outcome, impact and sustainability of programs and projects;
- Working closely with M&E colleagues from other partner organisations and donors;
- Keep up-to-date with emerging and trending best practice in processes and tools for M&E;
- Systematically dissemination of evidence and results, both internal and external;
- Demonstrates commitment and dedication towards RWN mission, vision and core values
- Proven organizational and inter-personal skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Ability to plan and organize work and establish priorities
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues and seniors
- Supports and encourages open communication in the team and facilitates team work
- Excellent writing and analytical skills in drafting concept notes and reports;
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications, and statistical packages such as SPSS and Stata.
- Excellent in questionnaire design and programming using electronic and online data collection applications (such as Mentimeter, Kobo, CommCare, etc.)
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and to deal with problems/issues promptly and efficiently
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science preferably in development planning, economics, public health, statistics, management or related fields;
- Knowledge and experience in designing M&E systems and conducting evaluations;
- At least five (3) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, results-based management;
- Excellent written and spoken in English and Kinyarwanda, French is an added value
How to Apply:
Please submit a motivation letter addressed to the Director of Rwanda Women’s Network, a copy of your notified degree, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with 3 names of referees to: email@example.com with subject “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Position”, not later than 22nd August 2022 at 17:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for a written exam and interview.