Umwanya w’akazi wa MARKETING MANAGER muri African Leadership International Limited (Deadline: August 17th, 2022)
Marketing Manager-Job Description
In 2035, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world and will need to catalyze transformation by empowering its largest untapped resource – its people. Fueled by this, the African Leadership Group is an ecosystem of institutions with a shared vision to harness Africa’s abundant human capital and transform the continent and the world by selecting, developing, and connecting 2 million young leaders to opportunities by 2030. ALG was founded over 15 years ago by Fred Swaniker, a serial entrepreneur recognized by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019. ALX and The Room are two brands of the African Leadership Group.
ALX is our training arm, focused on developing skills for the fourth industrial revolution (software engineering, devops, data science, etc.) to ensure that Africa is able to compete effectively as the world undergoes a digital transformation. To cement this, through our legal entity African Leadership International (ALI), we have signed an agreement to acquire Silicon Valley based Holberton Inc. – a project-based, college alternative educating the next generation of software engineers. This will give us ownership of the advanced technology program that will enable us to provide global organizations access to significant untapped pools of talent that can bridge the growing global shortage of technology talent. For more on this, please read this article here.
The Room our talent placement arm, is a community that our young talent joins to access global work opportunities. To learn more about us, please read this article about why we launched The Room & this article about the impact of our development programs on African youth. View this pitch deck to see how we present ourselves to employers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Marketing Manager, you will generate qualified applicants to our training programs. You will do this through online direct response advertising, in-person events and promotions, and partnership development. In addition, recruit students to the training programs, and support the general marketing and communications functions.
You will be responsible for:
- Marketing Strategy: develop innovative strategies to expand our brand awareness across all channels (ads, partnerships, social media, web experiences…). Set clear objectives and goals, define target audiences, optimize spend and track performance. Localize our global strategy to adapt to the needs and behaviors of youth, and build a trusted collaboration with our global marketing function
- Digital marketing: drive online growth marketing campaigns, identify, select and engage external contractor, freelancers and agencies to help us achieve our bold mission. Devise creative ways to expand our reach online through other digital means (content, social media, video…)
- Offline marketing: create and implement strategies to build our brand and generate leads through offline channels (TV, radio…). Plan and manage unique and inspiring in-person experiences that delight our prospects and build buzz about our programs.
- Partnerships: identify, build and manage partnerships with key stakeholders that help us amplify our brand and generate new leads (universities, youth networks, influencers…)
- Martech & Analytics: understand and leverage enterprise sales & marketing technology such as Infusionsoft. Track and analyze key marketing metrics relating to brand, user experience and stakeholder engagement and draw insights to figure out scalable acquisition channels and execute on these to grow the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Comms, Marketing or any related; Master’s degree is a plus;
- 5 years of experience or equivalent expertise in B2C & B2B Marketing. Comfortable with leading and devising innovative marketing strategies;
- Experience working for a start-up or similar fast-paced environment, or demonstrated proactivity, resourcefulness and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, and entrepreneurial environment;
- Strong understanding of the 18th-30th age bracket in your city plus strong knowledge of popular culture, social media and digital amplification, influencer marketing,… demonstrated through experience working with in marketing campaigns targeting youth and/or passion for working with young people;
- Experience identifying, building and managing partnerships is a plus;
- Experience ideating, planning and running branding events is a plus;
- Experience in marketing and recruitment for training programs and/or a top FMCG company is a plus;
- Proficient in English, and Kinyarwanda; French is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall click to the “Apply” button below not later than August 17th, 2022.