Umwalimu SACCO is looking for inspired innovators, dynamic self-driven and highly creative personalities to collaborate with Umwalimu SACCO in taking it to the next level of success. If you feel you have what it takes, we would like to hear from you.
Please send us your applications via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16/08/2022 at 5 PM local time. Put the job title you are applying for.
Interested candidates should submit soft copies of the motivation letter addressed to the Director General of UMWALIMU SACCO, signed CV and copy of required notarized degrees and other important documents. For the experience please attach related work certificate. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the exam and interview.
|JOB TITLE||KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED||Key Result Areas|
|LEGAL DOCUMENTATION AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Director of Legal and Compliance
Age Limit: 35
|· Being a Rwandan by Nationality
· Bachelor degree in Law (LLB);
· Diploma in Legal Practice or any other equivalent qualification in law is an added value;
· 3 years progressive experience in Legal field;
Responsible for advising the management on legal matters and ensures compliance by the Cooperative to all legal/statutory requirements.
Knowledge and Skills
· Good Communication skills;
· Attention to details;
· Ability to work under minimal supervision;
· Excellent oral and written communication;
· High level of creativity and innovation;
· Must be fluent in Kinyarwanda and English, Knowledge of French is an added value
· Assist in providing accurate legal advice on less complex matters to managers and staff to ensure that decisions taken are legally correct;
· Carry out research and prepare reports on any legal issues to support the more senior members of the team;
· Assist in drafting legal documents on various matters, ensuring that these are legally sound and/or to ensure that the organization’s interests are safeguarded;
· Drafting of contracts with suppliers, business partnership including negotiating the contracts;
· Drafting leases with landlords and corresponding with them;
· Maintaining lease schedules;
· Review documents to check for legal accuracy.
· Analyze issues and problems to identify legal implications.
· Maintain an awareness of developments in the legal field relevant to the organization, including reviewing and reporting on the implications of any new legislation;
· Liaison with external lawyers/auctioneers;
· Pursuit of debt collection including issuing of demand letters and follow up instructions to lawyers and auctioneers;
· Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Supervisor
|· Be the liaison with the regulator on legal compliance
· Ensure UMWALIMU SACCO interests are protected in all contracts
· Working with Credit Department, ensure efficient debt recovery efforts
· Cost effective securitization of loans
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Umwalimu SACCO shall provide for equal employment opportunity to the prospective candidates without direct or indirect discrimination on grounds of ethnic or social origin, gender, political and philosophical or religious opinions.
Any supplementary information regarding the recruitment advertisement shall be obtained at Human Resource & Administration Department of Umwalimu SACCO at any time during the working hours: From 8:00 AM up to 6:00 PM starting from Monday to Friday.
NB: This vacant posts is open to external as well as internal candidates.
Done at Kigali, 1/8/2022
RUTAGANDA Bosco UWAMBAJE Laurence
Director of HR & Administration Director General