Umwalimu SACCO is looking for inspired innovators, dynamic self-driven and highly creative personalities to collaborate with Umwalimu SACCO in taking it to the next level of success. If you feel you have what it takes, we would like to hear from you.
Please send us your applications via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16/08/2022 at 5 PM local time. Put the job title you are applying for.
Interested candidates should submit soft copies of the motivation letter addressed to the Director General of UMWALIMU SACCO, signed CV and copy of required notarized degrees and other important documents. For the experience please attach related work certificate. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the exam and interview.
|JOB TITLE||KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED||Key Result Areas|
|LEGAL AFFAIRS MANAGER
the Director of Legal Department:
Age Limit: 45
|· Being a Rwandan by Nationality
· Bachelor Degree Law (LLB) / Master in Law (LLM),
· Diploma in Legal practice
· At least Seven (7) years of working experience in legal matters at managerial level for Bachelor’s degree holders;
· Five (5) years of working experience in the same field at managerial level for Master’s Degree holders.
Knowledge and Skills
· Good Communication skills;
· Management skills
· Attention to details;
· Ability to work under minimal supervision;
· Excellent oral and written communication;
· High level of creativity and innovation;
· Update Knowledge of regulatory environment
· Must be fluent in Kinyarwanda and English. Knowledge of French is an added value
· Analyzing the legal implications of all the activities of the organization to ensure that the company conducts all its activities and operations within the existing legal framework
· Identifying potential legal risks in the company and serves as an internal early warning system to management
· Legal drafting of all agreements including but not limited to leases, and contracts for employment, commercial transactions, and supply agreements, etc.
· Executes and manages appropriate legal action in response to litigation suits filed against the Cooperative by external parties and prosecutes third parties when company rights and/or interests are violated.
· Assist in drafting legal advice within a specific area to managers and staff to ensure that decisions taken are legally correct.
· Draft, review and amend legal documents drafted by, or sent to the organization.
· Represent the organization at routine court hearings and tribunals to ensure that the organization’s interests are effectively safeguarded and so that it carries out its legal obligations effectively.
· Briefing / discussion with the lawyers for legal cases to ensure Cooperative interests are safeguarded;
· Monitor the progress of legal transactions to ensure that the correct actions are taken at the appropriate times.
· Represent the organization at meetings with external bodies on specific topics to ensure that the legal aspects of any decisions are fully considered.
· Assist in carrying out research and prepare reports on any legally complex issues to ensure that the organization has full information about the legal implications of any decisions.
· Draft and review complex legal documents on various matters, ensuring that these are legally sound and/or to ensure that the organization’s interests are safeguarded.
· Maintain an awareness of developments in the legal field which might affect the organization and prepare reports on relevant matters for consideration by management.
· Pursuits of debt collection including issuing of demand letters and follow up instructions to lawyers and auctioneers.
|· 100% legal compliance
· Excellence in execution of the role of Legal representative
· UMWALIMU SACCO interests are protected in all contracts and business transactions
· Ensure minimized legal exposure for UMWALIMU SACCO
· Efficient debt recovery efforts/legal letters to customers for distress
· Cost effective securitization of loans
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Umwalimu SACCO shall provide for equal employment opportunity to the prospective candidates without direct or indirect discrimination on grounds of ethnic or social origin, gender, political and philosophical or religious opinions.
Any supplementary information regarding the recruitment advertisement shall be obtained at Human Resource & Administration Department of Umwalimu SACCO at any time during the working hours: From 8:00 AM up to 6:00 PM starting from Monday to Friday.
NB: This vacant post is open to external as well as internal candidates.
Done at Kigali, 1/8/2022
RUTAGANDA Bosco UWAMBAJE Laurence
Director of HR & Administration Director General