Field Officer at DUTERIMBERE ONG: (Deadline 6 June 2022)
B.P. 738 Kigali, Rwanda
Tél. (250) 255119216
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.duterimbere.org.rw
KN 3, African Union Road
Field Officer for Horticulture Value Chain Project
DUTERIMBERE ONG is located in Muhima Sector, Nyarugenge District of Kigali City. It is a national Non-Government Organization (ONG) governed by the Law nº04/2012 of 17 February 2012 and revised in 2014. It is working in Rwanda to empower women in eradication of poverty. The organization was created in 1987 by 29 women with the objective of promoting and recognizing the role of women in development. The organization is currently owned by 880 members drawn across 4 Provinces and Kigali city.
DUTERIMBERE ONG in partnership with Oxfam is implementing a four years Horticulture Value Chain Project in Nyagatare District with the overall objective to contribute to unlocking the potential of Rwanda’s horticultural value chains to ensure the supply of safe & high-quality products to local/regional/international markets.
DUTERIMBERE ONG seeks a dynamic and experienced candidate for the position of Field Officer to be based in Nyagatare District. He/ She will have overall responsibility for implementation of Horticulture Value Chain Project and will closely work with the Program Manager to plan, execute and report on the whole project as per grant agreement and organizational requirements.
Position: Field Officer
Location: Nyagatare District
Duration: One year renewable
Expected Start Date: Mid-June 2022
Reporting to: Program Manager
Key Responsibilities& duties
- Work closely with project managers at both Duterimbere and donor level, as well as with local authorities to ensure efficient identification and selection of participants of horticulture value chain development project in Nyagatare District.
- In collaboration with District/Sector agronomists and other relevant project technical stakeholders, provide capacity building of selected project participants through trainings on bio-intensive and hydroponic greenhouse farming practices, post-harvest and storage technologies for selected horticultural crops; GALS, VSL and GEM approaches, oversee day-to-day project operations at field level while identifying all related issues and propose solutions with the guidance of the Program Manager.
- Support and assist farmer cooperatives in horticulture product certification process and facilitate linkages between them and potential markets through contract farming as well as with financing opportunities to boost their farming businesses.
- Support project participants to engage discussions with local leaders to institutionalize horticultural value chain priorities in District annual work plan and Imihigo based on horticulture sector challenges and opportunities to unlock its potential.
- Work in close coordination with the program manager, Finance and M&E team to elaborate periodic implementation action plans and provide timely periodic reports as per donor’s requirements.
- Represent Duterimbere ONG in Nyagatare JADF while building and maintaining organizational image and positive trust relationship with project participants and District officials.
- Produce all projects reports as per agreement with Donor
- Perform any other relevant duty as may be required by the Employer.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Agri-business, Agriculture or other related field
- At least five years successful experience in agriculture value chain development; market linkage; Financial linkage, etc
- Having worked for International or Local NGO with training certificates in this domain
- Demonstrated ability to work in the field to provide adequate support to farmers
- A good understanding of Agriculture Sector in general and Horticulture Sub sector in particular
- Knowledge on pro-poor models for development
- Proven skills and experience in community mobilization and trainings
- Excellent communication, monitoring, analytical, documentation and report writing skills.
- Gender sensitivity
- Motorcycle driving license Category A
- Languages: English and Kinyarwanda is a must and French is an added value.
How to apply
As we foresee a big volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 6th June 2022, 5: 00pm
Done at Kigali, on 23rd May 2022