We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training in mathematical sciences, research and public engagement in STEM. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon and Rwanda.
Each AIMS Centre provides expertly tailored academic and non-academic programs, training around 50 African students each year and preparing them for leadership in the domains of academia, government and industry. The AIMS academic program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Communications and External Relations Coordinator!
In this role and reporting to the Director, Communications and Public Engagement, you will support the Communications Department at AIMS to develop a robust communications strategy which will help bolster the organization’s brand, image and reputation through consistent messaging and innovative communication methodologies leveraging new media platforms, campaigns and events to promote the strategic framework with a theme of inclusive access. You will lead organization of online and in-person events and provide other tools to support management and members of the AIMS Community, which will generate the content that forms the basis of organization’s communications.
As the ideal candidate, you will lead our editorial meetings, oversee and provide creative input regarding AIMS’s marketing and promotional materials including website content, publications, newsletters, fact sheets, press releases, social media, external communications, and AIMS branding. In collaboration with Program and IT teams, you will oversee company digital tools and platforms.
Additionally, you will develop and implement new media and communications campaigns and strategies and monitor their success and manage internal communications and messages through different communication channels and modalities such as but not limited to the company’s website, social media, newsletters, press releases, publications, online events, etc.
This is a full time opportunity based at AIMS Secretariat, Kigali-Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Media Management or related disciplines;
- At least 3 years of progressive professional experience in managing communications for a program, project or organization;
- Proven success designing and executing communications strategies and campaigns;
- Experience building an organization’s reputation for thought leadership;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet-based applications (Google Suite, SharePoint, LinkedIn etc.);
- Experience with events management and planning online events with global participants;
- Experience with social media, websites, creating audio and visual content and other digital tools;
- Ability to multitask and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, knowledge of French is desirable.
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Click on this link to apply. Applications will be accepted until June 5, 2022.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.nexteinstein.org to learn more about AIMS.