RECRUITMENT NOTICE Nº 007/08/2022
MUGANGA SACCO is a Saving and Credit Cooperative for health sector staff in Rwanda. Its primary objective is to improve members’ socio-economic conditions and promote access to finance.
Muganga SACCO wishes to recruit the competent and self-driven staff on the position of Chief Cashier/ Head Teller on permanent basis regardless the gender, and other kind of discriminations.
Position: Chief Cashier/ Head Teller
Number of needed staff: One
Employment period: Open-ended period (Full-time)
Working place: Muganga SACCO’s Main Branch
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
Under supervision of the Branch Manager, the Chief cashier in Muganga SACCO supervises the team of cashiers, and also handles daily cash and check transactions. It is his or her responsibility to scrutinize and approve transactions involving a large amount of money. As member of Branch Credit Committee, the jobholder has to be extra vigilant and avoid check frauds, demand draft fraud, fraudulent loans, fraudulent loan application, forged documents, identity theft or impersonation, and all other types of banking frauds.
- Overseeing daily transactions, performing cash reconciliations, and handling account receivables, account payable or other accounting duties as per the Muganga SACCO’s policies;
- Greeting customers and responding to their concerns after understanding their issues;
- Providing assistance and required guidance to the team as well as customers;
- Managing customer transactions by handling both card and cash payments;
- Handling front-end activities;
- Performing Muganga SACCO’s deposits and withdrawals according to Muganga SACCO’s procedures;
- Ensuring that the cashier team is following accounting principles, safety procedures, and customer service standard;
- Conducting training for the team on Muganga SACCO’s policies and other related matters;
- Maintaining a positive work environment, and rating performance of the team;
- Checking cash in the vault, and balancing cash register at the end of shift;
- Generating accurate and concise till reports for each register;
- Supervising credit, debit or other forms of payments done during the day;
- Reviewing cash accounts on a daily basis;
- Informing the prospective clients about the Muganga SACCO’s products and services;
- Listing all the promotional offers, and conveying them to the Muganga SACCO’s customers;
- Managing exchanges and returns by following appropriate Muganga SACCO’s procedures;
- Overseeing daily transactions, and maintaining an overall report on weekly as well as monthly basis;
- Performing analysis of the various Muganga SACCO’s products and services to decide which of them need to be refined, and which offers should be discontinued;
- Planning training for the team, and providing support;
- Identifying and conveying the accounting issues in the management team.
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
- Minimum errors in the analysis and interpretation of financial information;
- Have current knowledge on key issues related to credits;
- Formulation of concrete recommendations for the amendment of procedures and policies
- Accounts records maintained (e.g. journal, ledger and balance sheet);
- Bank reconciliations.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Computer skills;
- Solid accounting and math’s skills;
- Leadership, supervisory and teamwork skills;
- Customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask;
- In-depth knowledge of various products;
- Ability to spot shoplifters and scan entrance and exit doors;
- Interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or in a similar field;
- At least 2 year of experience as Head teller or at least 3 years of experience as Cashier acquired in a financial institution (BANK, MFI or SACCO);
- To be between 25 and 35 years’ old.
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Interested candidates should submit soft copies of the motivation letter, CV and copy of required degree, other important documents and Maximum of 3 persons of professional references addressed electronically to the Director General, Muganga SACCO Head Office, 1st floor of Silverback Mall, latest 26/08/2022 at 6:00 PM on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions/clarifications may be requested by email to the following email address: email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the exam and interview.
Done at Kigali, on 12/08/2022
Muganga SACCO Management