Job Title: Business Development Manager (BDM)
To start: 1st October 2022
Salary: £33,610 per annum
Contract duration: 12 months with possibility for extension depending on funding
Tearfund in Rwanda is looking for a highly skilled and highly talented individual, with a high level understanding of relief and development business. The role holder is agile, takes a marketing and sales posture approach to business development. They are goal oriented, with the ability to think through and craft winning strategies. She or He has the highest awareness of the relief business environment and is an exceptional relationship builder, influencer and negotiator.
In the Tearfund Rwanda programme, the Business Development Manager (BDM), will work with the country director to lead the country programme funding portfolio growth. They will work closely with the Country Director and the Program team to ensure the Country Strategy has a viable business model and an accompanying Business Development Strategy. In particular, the Business development manager will be responsible for:
- Developing a country funding strategy and plan with clear and measurable results based on in depth market and concept analysis
- Lead on programme, brand, market and donor facing communication and liaise internally for production of tools, literature and information for donors and other project stakeholders
- Developing goals for the business development and growth, ensuring they are met and overseeing new acquisitions, bids, contracts and pitches
- Researching organisations and individuals to find new opportunities and Increasing the value of current donors while attracting new ones.
- Attending, lead on and participate in conferences, meetings, exhibitions and industry events, build relationships and communicate the country programme’s work
- Lead and coordinate with the programme and finance team to develop concept notes, proposals and budgets for submission to donors as required
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
The role holder will provide leadership in identifying, developing and winning bids to resource the implementation of the Country Strategy. This role leads the country team in the coordination and development of evidence-based, high quality funding proposals, working closely with the program, MEAL and finance teams.
They will represent Tearfund at all external donor engagements within Rwanda and to do this effectively, the role holder will need to remain apprised of the existing programmes implemented by Tearfund especially results achieved in the programs.
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the role is responsible for leading the coordination of all donor proposals, donor visits and ensuring SMT is apprised of progress against implementing the Business Development Strategy.
Do you have Degree or equivalent qualification in development, humanitarian affairs, programme development and Business Management, marketing or other relevant course
Do you have proven working experience in both Local and/or International NGO, social enterprises and/or public private partnership initiatives with a similar position?
Do you have skills and experience in proposal development and proven ability to develop winning proposals for public and/or private sector donors?
If this is who you feel you are and the above statements describe you, then take a look at the attached Job Profile and apply.
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs. We would expect applicants to be able to demonstrate a clear and specific desire to work in this country
The recruitment process includes specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure
Interested candidates shall click to the “Apply” button below and submit their application.
Deadline: August 25th, 2022 .