Clinton Health Access Initiative
Title: Associate, Talent Acquisition
Department: Global Talent Acquisition
Type: Full-Time Paid
Start date: Immediate
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
Talent Acquisition Department
The Global Talent Acquisition (TA) Department partners with CHAI’s leadership and management teams to ensure that we attract and hire candidates to fulfill our human resources needs. Due to the success of our initiative we continue to grow exponentially. As a result, the TA Department plays a critical role to recruit and hire staff that will be a part of an organization proud of its culture and values. At CHAI, we work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. Our teams are respectful, collaborative, humble and thrive in an uncompromising culture of excellence.
Associate, Talent Acquisition
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join the TA Department to support ongoing hiring needs across Africa, Central America, and North America. Successful applicants will have a strong interest in global health and/or international development and a proven track record in sourcing, screening, and hiring qualified candidates – as well as managing administrative processes. Ideally the successful individual will have previous experience working within an international organization and be comfortable working with geographically dispersed teams in a virtual capacity.
The Associate will be part of a team whose mission is to support our global programs & country teams. The Associate will partner with hiring managers around the world to determine staffing needs, job profiles and recruitment strategies. The Associate will also be responsible for helping maintain team efficiency by contributing to special projects related to TA Operations, university outreach strategy, and streamlining of processes.
This position can be based in Rwanda or other CHAI program countries in East or Central Africa pending country leadership approval.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers and internal HR departments.
- Act as advisor to hiring managers to determine staffing needs and profiles for each open position
- Work with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition team colleagues to identify best sourcing for each position
- Develop a pipeline of qualified candidates using diverse, cost-effective techniques
- Manage applicant/staff information and status in the applicant tracking database; ensuring the highest integrity of data.
- Provide timely and consistent communication to hiring teams and candidates on the recruitment status, throughout the interviewing and hiring process.
- Identify and screen potential candidates to assess their abilities, and recommend qualified candidates based on phone interview and pre-employment assessment; proactively manage internal referrals.
- Manage internal candidate placements.
- Contribute to outreach strategy, systems development and refining recruitment programs, tools and processes.
- Collaborate with HR partners on onboarding, immigration, and related issues.
- Communicate CHAI’s compensation framework to candidates. Ensure realistic expectations are set with each candidate.
- Extend both verbal and written job offers, negotiate offer terms with candidates. Collaborate with Global Human Resource Partners, Directors & Coordinators to ensure onboarding is streamlined.
- Provide guidance on talent acquisition best practices & policies and customize best practices to align with country context.
- Work closely with members of CHAI’s Talent Acquisition Team on ad hoc recruitment projects and provide other administrative support to HR staff as needed.
- Other responsibilities as needed by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree & a minimum of 3 years proven HR/recruiting experience.
- Adept interpersonal skills; strength in developing and maintaining client-management relationships, particularly in a virtual capacity.
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in creative sourcing and applicant development
- Demonstrated experience conducting behavioral interviews
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with and providing feedback to hiring managers
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as with a team
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with limited structure
- Experience presenting to large audiences or other relevant public speaking experience preferred
- Prior experience living or working in a low- or middle-income country
- Experience recruiting internationally preferred
- Fluency in Spanish or French
Interested candidates should send their applications to:
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
INDI MYANYA Y’AKAZI YATAMBUTSE:
Kanda ku mwanya wifuza gusaba muri iyi ikurikira: