RECRUITMENT NOTICE Nº 004/05/2022
MUGANGA SACCO is a Saving and Credit Cooperative for health sector staff in Rwanda. Its primary objective is to improve members’ socio-economic conditions and promote access to finance, by assisting them to make savings and access low-rate loans, therefore contributing significantly to their retention. The SACCO started as HSS-MAG (Health Sector Staff Mutual Aid Group) and was established as a result of the Government of Rwanda’s advice to the Ministry of Health to find strategies to motivate and retain healthcare professionals in the public sector, which is one of the constraints hindering the quality of healthcare services in Rwanda.
Muganga SACCO wishes to recruit the competent and self-driven staff on the position of Administrative Assistant on permanent basis regardless the gender, and other kind of discriminations.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Number of needed staff: One
Employment period: Open-ended period (Full-time)
Working place: Muganga SACCO Head Office
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
Reporting to the PR and Communications Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing administrative support in the Director General’s office, assisting in daily office needs and assisting in the SACCO’s general administrative activities. The Administrative Assistant shall support on travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work.
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities in DG’s office;
- Provides administrative support including answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries;
- Composes and edits correspondence from dictation, verbal direction or from knowledge of established policies;
- Organize and schedule appointments;
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments and/or other similar activities, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements;
- Draft and distribute emails, correspondence memos, letters, and forms;
- Develop and maintain a filing system;
- Maintain office policies and procedures;
- Manage travel arrangements for the Director General;
- Liaise with senior managers and/or directors to handle their requests and queries;
- Calendar management in the DG’s office;
- Preparing administrative reports for the attention of Management team;
- Managing the documentation and archives relating to the activities of the Management team and the BoD;
- Assist the Management with organizing events, meetings, sessions, and workshops;
- Serves as a liaison with other institutional departments;
- Requisitions supplies, printing, maintenance and other services;
- Handle confidential information in a professional way;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
- Providing support services in the DG’s office
- Managing filing system;
- Keeping the DG’s office neat and organized;
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to deal with complex situations which require sound judgment;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers;
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products.
- Ambitious professional with a Bachelor’s degree in Secretariat, Administration, Sociology or related field;
- 5 years proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, and/or Office Admin Assistant in Microfinance institution or a SACCO (supporting documents);
- 45 years’ old maximum.
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Interested candidates should submit soft copies of the motivation letter, CV and copy of required degree, other important documents and Maximum of 3 persons of professional references addressed electronically to the Muganga SACCO Office at the Ministry of Health, latest 15 June 2022 at 6:00 PM on the following email address: email@example.com
Questions/clarifications may be requested by email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the exam and interview.
Done at Kigali, on 31 May 2022
Muganga SACCO Management