Accountant at Urwego Bank PLC: (Deadline 12 August 2022)
Recruitment of Accountant
Urwego Bank Plc is dedicated to providing financial services to the people of Rwanda. Motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic spiritual transformation in the lives of the underserved, using financial services and tested trainings as we share Jesus Christ’s love.
Urwego Bank wishes to recruit 1 qualified, competent and proactive Accountant to serve in its finance team and discharge duties listed below.
To provide administrative and accounting support to Urwego Bank PLC’s Finance Function to ensure it effectively and efficiently provides high quality service to the bank.
|REPORTS TO:||Budget and accounting Manager|
|JOB POSTING DATE:||27th July 2022|
Payments, data entry and reconciliations
- Verify authenticity, completeness and accuracy of supporting evidences from suppliers and prepare payments instructions
- Ensure proper filing
- Bookkeep payrolls and ensure that payroll liabilities accounts are cleared
- Reconcile accounts receivable and/or accounts payables and make relentless follow up to keep ageing low
- Reconcile and clear suspense accounts on a daily basis;
- Liaise with other concerned departments for any un-cleared item;
- Compute and file tax returns namely VAT, withholding tax, income tax in line with applicable rulings;
- Ensure filed tax returns agree with book of accounts balances, and clear any imbalances after thorough reconciliation and investigations
- Ensure grants records in accounting software are up to date in line with grant covenants;
- Prepare financial reports for submission to donors and grant coordinators;
- Ensure that all payments pertaining to any grants are clearly assigned to the due grants;
- Assist auditors hired by donors or the bank in their audit endeavor and responsibly meet their demand;
- Meet any query from donors or other partners;
Fixed Asset Management
- Update asset register with acquisition, disposal and depreciation/amortization;
- Prepare assets movement schedule that agree with balances in the book of accounts;
- Ensure that all assets are with the correct custodians as per the schedules in their offices, and conduct physical verification to agree physical assets with data in asset register;
- Ensure that tag for tangible assets are updated and accurately reflected in asset management software;
- Keep a close liaison with department with the custodian of fixed assets to timely dispose or retire any fixed assets definitively withdrawn from use
- Participate in auction process of fixed assets and other redundant assets upon management approvals
Financial reports and accountability
- Actively participate in daily and periodic preparation of bank financial reports by ensuring that financials data are fairly stated through reconciliations and review;
- controlling income and expenditure;
- Perform any other related Duties as necessary or assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have a strong mastery of accounting principles and concepts to maximize integrity of financial records
- Excellent skills in use of spreadsheet mainly excel
- Having good attention to details
- Be deadline-oriented and ready to work under pressure to strictly meet deadlines as imposed by external stakeholders or internal timeframe of duties
- Be capable of maintaining strong internal controls in the course of duty discharge to prevent financial, legal, operational and other perceivable risks
- Be resulted oriented and live Christians values of humility and customer care to mention but a few
Minimum Education and Experience
- University Degree in accounting or business-related subject
- Advanced level in ACCA course (strategic professional level with no more than two papers remaining) or full qualification for CPA course
How to apply
Interested and eligible applicants should submit the following documents to email@example.com not later than 12th August 2022 at 5pm. Send the documents as one folder and in the subject line, fill in the position of Accountant.
- Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 2 referee names,
- Notarized Academic Documents and certificates.
- Proof of ACCA or CPA completion or level (to whom it may concern or transcripts or completion certificate)
- Recommendation from your Church.
- Statement of Faith.
- Criminal Record Form
- National ID.
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the interview.
Done at Kigali on 22th July 2022
For and on behalf of Urwego Bank plc