As part of the strategic science team, you will lead various analysis to accelerate BIOVIA’s growth. This role is an opportunity to join an exciting work environment that combines the dynamism of a west-coast tech business with the strength of a large European software company. Our team is diverse and multicultural: we are business driven with a passion for science and how it transform industries. With BIOVIA’s rich portfolio of scientific software, we touch many industries across the globe, including pharma, biotech and chemical industries.
Duration of the internship is flexible (3 to 6 months), and so is the number of hours per week. This is a paid internship at the Dassault Systèmes BIOVIA North American Headquarters located at 5005 Wateridge Vista Drive, San Diego, CA 92121. The position allows for remote work.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world. Shape your career with3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
You will be involved in developing machine learning models using Python and our proprietary data science platform in a number of different scientific application areas. You may also create input files for publically available computational engines, reading results from those engines back into the BIOVIA suite, or writing code to analyze the results from simulations performed in these engines for consumption by machine learning models. You will be working under direct supervision of the Global Contract Research Director. Example projects may include developing machine learning models using our proprietary data and/or public domain data.
- Algorithms: SVM, Random Forests, XgBoost, CNN, DNN
- Programs: Matplotlib, NumPy, Pandas, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
Your Challenges ahead
This role will require you to work within an organization that expands the globe, and to interact with leadership.
Your key success factors
- Actively enrolled in a graduate program for the duration of the internship with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Preferably with an engineering background (MS) and/or prior exposure to software development. Demonstrated academic excellence is a plus.
- Familiarity with at least two of the following areas is required:
(1) Python code development;
(2) Perl script development;
(3) Contributions to open source projects (possibly demonstrated via code commits to Github repositories);
(4) History of work on a documented (via academic literature) project from a university research group
(5) Previous employment in the commercial sector;
- The ideal candidate will be at ease in multicultural environments, able to work efficiently with remote teams across the globe.
- The ideal candidate will also demonstrate structured thinking and a problem-solving mindset. The ability to generate insights from pointed observations, data and facts is critical. Intellectual curiosity and appetite for learning are important.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
1.Ku bufatanye na Ngwino.com turamenyesha abantu bajya bakenera amakuru ajyanye n’akazi ko babana natwe ku rubuga rwa Whats’up banyuze hano (Whats’up)
2.Ubaye wifuza kwamamaza, ufite ikibazo, igitekerezo cyangwa se inyunganizi ku makuru tukugezaho watwandikira cyangwa ukaduhamagara unyuze kuri numero: 0736206687