UN Clinic Administrative and Finance Assistant at United Nations Development Programme -Rwanda: (Deadline 16 July 2022)
|I. Position Information|
|Job Title: UN Clinic Administrative and Finance Assistant
Department: Rwanda/ RBA
Reports to: UN Clinic Doctor
|Grade Level: G5
|Position Number: 00100883
with no mobility requirement
Duty Station: Kigali/ Rwanda
|Career Track: General Service
Career Stream: Corporate Operations –General administration
Contract Modality: FTA Local
Contract Duration: 1-year FTA
|II. Background and Organizational Context|
|Under the guidance and supervision of the UN Physician, the Administrative and Finance Assistant provides support to the UN Clinic administrative and finance operations/services performing a variety of standard processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative and Finance Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative and Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with UNDP operations’ staff of the UNDP Country Office (CO) to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery|
|III. Position Purpose|
|Provision of financial services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.|
|IV. Key Duties and Accountabilities|
|1.) Implementation of operational strategies|
|Example of Duties:||· Full compliance of administrative and finance activities of the UN Clinic with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
· Input to the Clinic’s business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in collaboration with the UN Physician
|2.) Ensures an optimal cost-recovery system|
|Example of Duties:||Ensures functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Provision of inputs for preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the services provided by UNDP, follow up on cost recovery
· Preparation of bills to Insurance companies for cost-recovery of services provided to clients, as well as follow up on cost recovery.
|3.) Ensure Effective Administrative Support and Logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:|
|Example of Duties:||· Provide support to UN Physician in the preparation of the UN Clinic annual work plan, budget and procurement plans.
· Monitor the implementation of work plan and review the financial expenditure and presentation of the status on a quarterly basis
· Manage the petty cash
· Proper recording of clinic income and ensure regular deposits on the UN Clinic bank account
· Support in the preparation of for the Clinic
· Work with clinic technical team to elaborate timely orders of drugs, reagents, vaccines, medical material and office supplies based on the procurement plan
· Assist the procurement team in the process of ordering the elaborated needs
· Organize the reception of items ordered from suppliers and update the records stock
· Conduct the physical count of drugs, vaccines, lab reagents on a monthly basis
· Assist every quarter UNDP logistic team in the physical count of drugs, vaccines and medical consumables
· Ensure a regular vehicles’ maintenance
· Checking and recording of vehicles logbooks and fuel consumption
· Plan and organize the support for the maintenance of lab, IT equipment
· Maintenance of proper filing system for administrative, logistic and financial records
· Assume other duties as assigned by the UN Physician
|4) Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:|
|Example of Duties:||· Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
· Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
· Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
|· Completion of Secondly Education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance is required.
· University Degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration will be given due consideration. Qualified Accountant from an Internationally recognized institute of accountancy is required orLong-listed candidates may be required to undergo the UNDP Accountancy & Finance Test (AFT)
|Experience, Knowledge, and Skills|
|· Minimum 5 years with Secondary Education or 2 years with University Degree of relevant experience in administration or programme support service.
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
· Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
· Language: Fluency in English and working knowledge of French
|Expected Demonstration of Competencies|
|Achieve Results:||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|Think Innovatively:||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|Learn Continuously||LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
|· Administrative and finance activities
· Cost recovery
· Logistic support
· Asset Management
|VII. Signatures- Job Description Certification|
|Incumbent (if applicable)
|Supervisor/ UN Clinic Doctor
Maxwell Gomera Signature Date
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidate may submit through the “Apply” button below latest 16th July 2022.
INDI MYANYA Y’AKAZI YATAMBUTSE:
Kanda ku mwanya wifuza gusaba muri iyi ikurikira: