Technology Solutions Architect at GardaWorld: (Deadline 18 August 2022)
|Technology Solutions Architect|
|Reports to: Integrated Solutions Manager|
|Place of work/Travel:|
|Kigali, Rwanda | Travel required for meetings, surveys, inspection, project sites etc.|
|Contact and Cooperation:|
|Internally: Main cooperation with the Integrated Solutions Manager, Technical Operations Manager, Business Unit Heads and Heads of Support functions/ Departments to conduct site surveys, design, specify and create technology drawings and proposals, and bids.
Externally: Local and International Technology Partners, Equipment Suppliers, Technology Consultants, Architects, Engineers and System Integrators.
|The Technology Solutions Architect will provide support to both the Technical Division and Sales divisions and will be responsible for consultancy, design and commercial documentation. Technical writing skills would be required. The person will work closely with the various departments to ensure that the designs are functional, and solution driven. Financial review of projects in close co-operation with the Integrated Solutions Manager and CST lead.|
|1. Lead and drive the development of the integrated solutions in line with the company’s strategic and business plans.
2. Design, document, advise and assist on all projects within agreed upon budgets, timelines and standards including technical and financial proposals.
3. Participate in procurement by providing technical support to the tendering and selection process of any requirements in support of a project;
4. Work with the management team in the development of the Company’s overall Integrated Solutions Strategy.
5. Responsible for production of strategic security and engineering deliverables, drawings, documentation, reports, and presentation materials. This covers Security Strategy Reports, Security Audits, Security Risk Assessments, BMS Systems design, Fire detection & suppression systems design, Security Operations Reports (CCTV, ACS etc.);
6. Work with the Commercial team and support in business development activities by identifying new leads and opportunities;
7. Represent the Company during consultations with client representatives, government agencies and industry associates connected to specific projects;
8. Enforce compliance to set laws, regulations and customer requirements governing business operations;
9. Commission and undertake security surveys and security risk assessments; and present findings of work to team members and clients in an iterative and participative manner as needed.
10. Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, and ensure the best performance to meet the company’s needs.
11. Lead and ensure delivery of services as per the SLAs, company standards and quality as well as push recurring support. Service maintenance services and Annual Maintenance Contracts.
|Principal Outputs of this Role:|
|i. Design planned projects within the set budgets and resources;
ii. Technical and operational excellence by well-designed solutions.;
iii. Keep ahead of technology in the Technical Integrated Solution space;
|The Solutions architect is accountable to the Technical Manager for his responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of KPIs.|
|· An energetic person with ability to transform, inspire and motivate teams to produce quality output within strict timeframes;
· Strategic and logical thinker, ability to see the big picture and formulate strategies for the company and contribute to achievement of the company’s overall objectives;
· Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and provide others with clear direction and sets measurable and achievable goals for subordinates;
· An analytical and passionate transformative and visionary leader capable of providing mentorship and guidance on developing the capabilities and competencies of the Technical Team/Sales team.
· Enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and presentation skills
· Influential with an ability to work and interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
· Commitment to results, customer focused, and goal driven;
· Ability to grow, support and develop talent within the department; and
· High moral standing with impeccable integrity
|Qualifications & Experience:|
|· Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, design, IT, electronics or similar is essential
· Professional qualification in design technology, engineering, security and risk management or any related field.
· Minimum ten (10) years technical experience in the same industry with at least five (5) years’ in the infrastructure / facilities security sector at a management level.
· Specialist knowledge in retail / residential, corporate, commercial and diplomatic alarm systems and alarm response to include integration with home automation, security / fire control and building management systems.
· Demonstrable experience of large scale and complex technology security solutions
· Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint and Visio.
· Intermediate user in CAD and / or REVIT experience essential.
· In-depth knowledge of the latest physical and electronic security systems including excellent technical / product knowledge of all types of security, fire, BMS systems and solutions such as CCTV, IT networking, Access Control, Video Management Systems, Security Command Centres / Remote Monitoring, Tracking and Alarms.
· Ability to understand, apply and author project documentation.
|APPLY THROUGH: Info.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE: 18th August 2022|