ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
UNDERSTANDING CANADA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATION
The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
If you are an experienced Analyst Business Design professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head of Technology Business Partnership, the Analyst Business Design will play a critical role supporting the Foundation’s Process and Functional Design. This individual will be responsible for implementing, improving, and supporting our Enterprise Process and Functional designs, along with identifying and implementing tools that provide proactive monitoring, analysis and reporting on stability and fit for purpose workflows. The goal is to ensure the integrity of effective process and workflow activities across the Enterprise to provide maximum efficiency for users which includes staff and other third-party suppliers.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Provide support of process and functional design services, while monitoring quality control.
- Monitor and resolve incident and problem tickets as they relate to process issues.
- Monitor Application services and support to ensure their consistent, reliable, and secure delivery through active monitoring of error logs and user-reported process issues.
- Manage project processes and resources from planning through to
- Work closely with the Head of Technology Business Partners and Technology Business Partners to implement proactive approaches to monitoring and reporting on process stability and workflows efficiency and reliability.
- Support the business (this may well be cross functional) in defining their needs in term of process and workflow improvements.
- Assess and define business needs with business staff to identify and shape opportunities for new technology solutions.
- Support business initiatives with process design and workflow components (applications, infrastructure, services) through development of business cases, high level solutions, and cost and time estimates of the technology components.
- Evaluate business requirements and drive the process feasibility analysis, prioritization, and approval of new initiatives in alignment with overall Enterprise Architecture guidelines.
- Ensure business architecture recommendations are followed to avoid over complexity and secure solutions long term sustainability
- Prepare detail process and functional designs, high-level options, proof-of-concepts, and propose solutions.
- Document business requirements for business solutions that are useable and actionable by solution design and delivery team.
- Manage business demand by prioritizing the need for the change, the criticality of a possible delivery and alignment with the overall business strategy and key drivers.
- Keep the key user and business leadership informed about the progress of nominated demand and ensure that it is presented regularly in the governance forums to test validity and overall alignment with other demand items.
- Support the conversion of approved and prioritized demands into delivery projects with the Technology PMO and Operations teams.
- Participate in PMO management meetings and projects follow up.
- In collaboration with the business, monitor and report on user adoption and value realization (as laid out in business case).
- Serve as a partner to various functional areas of the Foundation and support the goals of departments through exceptional process design support.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders to understand and anticipate issues, influence technology adoption, monitor staff satisfaction levels, and address issues and concerns.
- Work with Internal Communication Team and with external partners to improve our organization awareness of technology risks and opportunities.
- Contributes to the development and delivery of overall Technology strategy in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Influence process design decisions related to the overall IT roadmap.
- Remain current with trends, new developments and issues in the process design industry including innovation, current technologies, compliance, cyber risks and software, hardware and licensing costs.
- Serve as a process design resource for team members, and ensure awareness and training on IT standards, policies, and procedures.
WHO YOU ARE
- High school plus College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related area of business design. Bachelor’s degree an asset.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in business process design and business software applications, including legacy system and process transformations, and technology hardware evaluation and implementation.
- Possesses an expert level of business design expertise coupled with a high degree of business acumen to understand business strategy and initiatives and relate it to process and functional needs of the foundation.
- Experienced in workflow designing with exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving problems.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost reductions through new technology and/or the leveraging technology across the organization.
- Ability to meet business users where they are, influence their perspective while maintaining trust-based relationships.
- Experience in any of the following IT platforms is an asset: Office365, Microsoft Dynamics, FLUXX, SAP.
- Flexible and adaptable team player, and able to execute a range of job duties with constantly changing priorities.
- Possess good communication (written & verbal) and presentation- skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Solid analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving complex business operational and functional problems.
- Understands how emerging technologies and service providers can be utilized to improve existing processes, increase operational efficiency, and simplify the user experience.
- Intellectually curious and flexible, is comfortable with ambiguity, receptive to new ideas and open to change, when presented with best options.
- Are results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency; possesses a proactive and ‘self-starter’ mentality.
- Possesses a global mind-set and professional maturity and demonstrates sensitivity to working within different cultures.
- French language and/or local language skills are an asset.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is June 26, 2022.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
For more information and to sign up for the Foundation’s newsletter, please visit http://www.mastercardfdn.org/
Follow the Foundation on Twitter at @MastercardFdn
NB: To avoid missing email communication about your application, please check your spam/junk folder and mark our emails as “not junk”.
INDI MYANYA Y’AKAZI YATAMBUTSE:
Kanda ku mwanya wifuza gusaba muri iyi ikurikira: