Safety, Security and Safeguarding Intern
About the Role:
To learn from on-job training how Safety, Security and Safeguarding practically managed. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Social work / finance management or Equivalent.
- 1 years work experience, preferably in an NGO set up
- Highly developed relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed verbal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people, stakeholders and customers
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- High levels of attention to detail and quality
- Computer literacy (including advanced excel skills)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
Deadline for receiving applications is 11th July 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
INDI MYANYA Y’AKAZI YATAMBUTSE:
Kanda ku mwanya wifuza gusaba muri iyi ikurikira: