About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
About the Role
Looking for staff with experience in systems design/testing. You will own the testing, documentation and skills transfer for designed systems processes in the P-shop, a project owned by the Rural Retail Department. You will help this project to reach the national scale by ensuring that Systems processes and tools are error-free and the team has visibility on their adoption. You will report to the RRT Systems Design Specialist.
- Ensure the quality of designed processes and tools.
- Prepare/plan tests and execute them both at HQ and in the field.
- Provide actionable feedback to the designers
- Ensure the processes are well documented and the user guides are clear and user-friendly
- Documenting designed processes and tools
- Prepare user guides
- Prepare and provide the training/demos to Operations/Execution teams implementers
- Ensure that the team has visibility on processes and tools adoption.
- Conduct follow-ups with the users (either staff or farmers/clients) on the usage of tools.
- Conduct the assessments of the impact of processes and tools on the productivity of users or the experience of farmers.
- Provide recommendations on how processes and tools can be improved.
- Support the implementers to troubleshoot issues so that only the design issues are reaching the designers and usage issues are being resolved by implementers themselves.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of experience in systems work and digital tools literacy.
- Technical Skills: intermediate MS excel and Google Suite (especially Google Sheets) required
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and offering training
- Experience collaborating/working with key stakeholders
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
8 September 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.