About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
A Grounds team Supervisor leads and coordinates the work of Grounds team officer and Grounds Team Officers Equipment Operator positions in the maintenance of campus grounds, irrigation systems, walk- ways, parking areas and equipment; Improve landscape are on the offices and in the compound; ensures that assigned tasks are completed and are done well; schedules work; fills the grounds team monthly performance and to prepare a work report.
- Assures established standards are achieved by regularly inspecting the work of grounds personnel, directing corrective measures to be taken when necessary and appropriate, and conducting the training of grounds team in the safe and proper operation of all tools and equipment.
- Prepare soil and plants flowers
- Ensure that the Campus grounds are attractive and well-kept by planning work assignments and actively supervising the quality of grounds team services.
- To summarize weekly reports for general works done by the ground team in Kinyarwanda and English.
- Ensure that grounds team have necessary equipment to perform their duties by estimating the types and amounts of materials and equipment needed for specific grounds team projects, ordering, issuing the material and equipment to grounds team, and tracking and recording their use.
- Perform routine maintenance on power equipment (Lawn mower machine).
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required.
- Supervisory and administrative skills are required.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks, prioritize work, plan, and propose recommendations for change. Will update and monitor grounds maintenance, snow removal, and preventive maintenance plans. Knowledge of landscaping, irrigation techniques.
- Must be able to delegate responsibilities, develop an effective work force, promote teamwork, and provide daily direction to the workforce based upon policy guidelines.
- A working knowledge of word processing, database, and spreadsheet application skills is required.
- Able to communicate fluently in English
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
9 July 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
INDI MYANYA Y’AKAZI YATAMBUTSE:
Kanda ku mwanya wifuza gusaba muri iyi ikurikira: