Risk and Finance Manager at Vision Fund Rwanda: (Deadline 15 July 2022)
July 5th, 2022
Job Opportunities in VisionFund Rwanda
‘’Make a difference to thousands in the land of a thousand hills’’
VisionFund Rwanda (VFR), is Rwanda’s largest microfinance Institution committed to the development of Rwanda through providing affordable financial services (savings and loans) to the less privileged throughout its 4zones in Rwanda. VFR is the institution where you can develop your expertise working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused high performance environment. If you are looking for interesting but challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, then VFR has the will to make it so. VFR needs to recruit experienced and qualified staff on following positions:
Risk and Finance manager
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer
Work location: Head Office/Kacyiru
Risk and Finance manager will lead the MFI Finance department, building an organization that honors Christian values by positively impacting the lives of many families and children through the delivery of appropriate financial services and training with a particular focus on the rural areas of Rwanda. Manages the Institution’s treasury to ensure profitable operations and compliance with existing regulations. Creates a self-sustaining business with strong foundations (people, processes, systems) that is capable of growing while managing risks. Work closely with WV to obtain funding from the partnership and donors to grow the operations.
Member of Leadership Team:
- Advisor to the CEO and Senior Management Team on all matters relating to finance including treasury, accounting, and administration.
- Submit timely financial returns to the Board, senior management, regulators and other stakeholders.
- Prepare business and financial reports for the Board of Directors.
- Leads the development of an overall Business Plan for VisionFund Rwanda that includes, among other things, the Branch Targets and Projections:
- Continuous monitoring of the financial performance of the organization with an emphasis on analyzing the latter’s performance as against its operational and business plans.
- Provides support to the Head Office and Branches in preparation for the finance business plan and preparation and monitoring of the annual operating plans and budgets.
- Ensures that branch plans are incorporated into an overall business plan and finance projections model.
- Establishes and maintains all Policies relating to Financial Management, Financial Controls, and Risk:
- Establishes, reviews, and updates financial policies and procedures that are relevant and cost-effective to the organization.
- Maintains the finance management manuals, including treasury, accounting, and administration manuals. And ensures that all changes related to policies and procedures would be incorporated in the manual.
- Acts as a member of the procurement committee or its equivalent and furnishes the committee with the necessary information for them to make ‘sound’ viable decisions.
- Performs functions specified by the Board, procurement committee and Asset Management in relation to establishing broad guidelines for the institution’s tolerance for risk and expectations from investment.
- Introduces measures to enhance the credibility and objectivity of financial statements and reports prepared with reference to the affairs of VisionFund Rwanda.
Qualification, experience, skills and knowledge
Bachelors Degree of Finance or Accounting and ACCA/ CPA is mandatory
MBA will be an added advantage
Experience: 5 Years and above on managerial position in a combination of the following: micro – enterprise lending organization, Banking institution, a progressive corporate environment, International business, Agricultural economics/development, or economic and business development institutions
Skills and knowledge:
- Must have a clear understanding of the microfinance industry and technology.
- Must have working experience in the regulatory environment and better with an institution that intermediate savings.
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Capability and willingness to lead the organization forward.
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization’s Ideals and Core Values.
- Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach.
- Very good communication and marketing skills.
- Very good knowledge of economic and financial topics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
VisionFund Rwanda is willing to offer you a competitive salary, challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, develop your expertise by working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused and high performing environment.
How to apply
If the aforementioned positions speak to you, carefully complete the pre-screen questionnaire and attach your Application letter together with detailed and updated CV via following email: email@example.com by 15th July, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By sending in your application, you consent to VFR running a background check on.