Procurement Specialist at Heifer International Rwanda: (Deadline 14 June 2022)
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of disability.
The position is responsible for overseeing the procurement function to ensure that all HPI Country Office’s operations relating to procurement are undertaken as per laid down laws, rules and regulations, while enforcing transparency and accountability in the process to guarantee value for money as well as efficient service delivery to both internal and external clients.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Highly organized and motivated, analytical, relationship builder, energetic and positive, team oriented, strives for shared vision, impact-driven and innovative, having strong business acumen, pro-active, strong negotiator, respect for procedures and norms, curious, socially sensitive, values-oriented, problem solving, conviction towards holistic sustainable development.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including approximate percentage effort)
- Manage the procurement process, as appropriate per programs’/projects’ requests by researching the market, preparing and issuing requests for proposals/quotes, purchase Order for the purchase of all goods and services, evaluations, quality and costs negotiations, and administration of awards as per the defined threshold and in accordance with HPI SOPs for Procurement following competitive bidding and evaluation procedures with the procurement committee members.
- Resolve post contract complaints and issues and file incident reports where applicable in a timely manner for review and resolution.
- Act as a liaison with the Logistics person to ensure smooth progression of required changes to orders.
- Handle all procurement-related incidents by proactively identifying issues with day-to-day ordering processes and resolve and/or communicate the issues to management in a timely manner, as needed
- Run the security/background check on vendors according to HPI policies and procedures
- Frequently audit that goods and services meet the procurement and quality policy on product, availability quality of goods, price; maintain performance records of vendors, and so continuously identify competitive sources for goods and commodities relevant to HPI’ Country Office’s work.
- Establish industry competitive prices and become knowledgeable of alternative products and vendors which are capable of fulfilling identified needs at a lower cost
- Ensure the integrity of the procurement process, keep abreast of and interpret donors’ regulations governing procurement and purchasing, keep HPI Country Office’s Leadership team informed of the same and of any need or issue related to procurement.
Administration & Logistical Support (30%)
- In consultation with all departments, develop and manage an approved annual procurement plan as well as organize Procurement committee review meetings in a timely manner.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate procurement documentation, all files on all issued RFPs, POs and contracts, creating administrative systems as required;
- In collaboration with procurement Committee members, maintain an order information electronic system, including appropriate delay codes and milestones and other system-related changes required on price estimates, price quotes and/or purchase orders throughout the procurement process
- Develop and maintain an established list of existing and potential qualified Hotels and other vendors who are willing and capable of providing both quality products and a competitive price.
- Adhere to established procurement policies and standard operating procedures; and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Seek opportunities for improvements in the operational processes and daily activities. Contribute to the development of work-instructions and standard operating procedures.
Any Other Assigned Functions (10%)
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply chain Management, Business Administration or any other related field, plus Five (5) years’ of substantial Procurement experience, preferably in a donor funded INGO.
Qualifications in Purchasing and Supplies Management plus membership to a professionally recognized body is an added advantage
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, laws, systems and policies.
- Good analytical skills and ability to verify information.
- Excellent qualities and management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A good understanding and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger, environment, natural resources management, climate change and knowledge of the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- Ability to promote the vision and strategic goals of Heifer.
- Computer proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail and Internet software (Microsoft Office preferred).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Skilled at strategic thinking and anticipating future developments and trends to incorporate them into organizational plans.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda, oral and written.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Preparing and presenting documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to lead teams effectively and exhibit strong conflict resolution skills.
- Proven team and customer care skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in several locations.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling HPI’s values and ethical standards.
- Openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues both within and outside of Country Office.
- May require constant sitting and moving; working at a computer for extended periods.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Performing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds (9 kilograms) floor-to-waist.
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule.
- Willingness to travel both locally and internationally.
How to Apply
Interested candidates will apply through the “Appy” button below not later than June 14th,2022