About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
About the Role
The Multigrain Seed Processing Client Relationship Coordinator is part of the One Acre Fund Rwanda Multigrain Seed Processing (MSP) team, which is responsible for the production and processing of improved, high-quality, diversified grain seed crops aside from traditional seed crops such as hybrid maize. The MSP team is based at the Rwanda Seed Centre of Excellence in partnership with RICA the University in Bugesera. The MSP team supports the provision of high-quality seed to over a million farmers, ultimately creating tens of millions of dollars of impact through increased harvest for farm households. We are looking for a Client Relationship Coordinator to provide financial management and external communications support to the MSP team. You will learn from and contribute to a team of seed processing experts and entrepreneurs who have pioneered domestic seed processing in Rwanda.
- Identifying and approaching potential new companies or individuals to engage as clients for seed processing services.
- Marketing and communicating products and/or services offered.
- Providing essential support to the MSP Business Operations and Leadership team through financial management; including client invoicing, revenue tracking, and data management.
- Supporting department financial sustainability by creating new processes for efficient financial tracking and reporting.
- Acting as the primary liaison between clients for seed processing and the MSP team.
- Assisting with compliance requirements within the department and maintaining financial and data tracking controls.
- Conducting business reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with their products and services.
- Ensuring both the company and clients adhere to contract terms.
- Conduct competition and market analyses to determine ways to attract new customers, as well as retain existing customers.
- Maintaining and communicating weekly status reports to management.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Business, Economics or another related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in the management of commercial services, marketing and sales or client relationship management (preferred).
- Ability to write in proficient business English and communicate verbally in English and Kinyarwanda with both internal and external parties.
- We are looking for someone good with numbers, who has strong attention to detail, who prioritizes the quality of deliverables, and who is passionate about serving farmers.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Kigali, Rwanda (with regular travel to Bugesera District as required)
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
7 August 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.