Job Position of MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING SPECIALIST at Land O’Lakes Venture37 ku bantu bize (statistics, public policy, applied economics, or related) (Closing date: 24th June 2022)
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Closing date: 24th June 2022
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 39 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
USAID Feed the Future Orora Wihaze Activity aims to transform the poultry, fish, pig and goat value chains while cultivating local demand for animal source foods. Venture37 leads a consortium of four firms that operate as project team to deliver results using an innovative market systems development (MSD) approach and empowering micro, small, and medium enterprises. The Activity will create incentives for private businesses and supporting organizations to address gaps and barriers or to seize opportunities in the marketplace for animal source foods.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is responsible and accountable for all monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) activities for the Orora Wihaze Activity. With support from Venture37’s Global MEL team and in coordination with expert MSD advisors, the M&E Specialist will implement a robust MEL system that meets the requirements of USAID Feed the Future and utilizes both traditional and market systems measurement approaches.
The M&E Specialist will develop data collection tools and processes as defined in the MEL plan; train staff and partners in MEL system implementation; coordinate data collection efforts; ensure data quality; and process and analyze data for use in reporting, adaptive management, and learning purposes. Additionally, support the development and roll-out of a tablet-based data collection system that allows field users to capture and enter data and to review and track results against indicators. The M&E Specialist will participate in and, on occasion, lead learning and work planning meetings with the Orora Wihaze team and animal source food industry stakeholders. S/he will develop tools and processes for receiving feedback and for communicating with partners and USAID to demonstrate and apply the best practices in adaptive management and learning.
The MEL Specialist will report to the Chief of Party
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the MEL Plan implementation, including coordinating and tracking the diverse work of members of the MEL Team.
- Collaborate with MSA team to develop Activity Results Chains to inform activity specific results to be expected
- With input from activity managers, lead the development of activity specific MEL plans.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating a Performance Results Indicator Table and Venture37’s Practice Area Indicators (PAIs) and related performance results indictors sheets (PIRS).
- Participate and facilitate sharing and learning from the findings of quantitative and qualitative data with staff and partners. Lead meetings and make presentations about results and findings.
- Conduct internal surveys and support project evaluations, partner site visits, and research missions as required.
- Participate in the process of selecting and managing appropriate consultants and firms to complete surveys, studies, and required evaluations.
- Supervise or monitor these activities, overseeing quality control and timelines, and review and comment on content of evaluation reports.
- Lead and develop the MEL staff to ensure high levels of performance, motivation and continuous professional development, including the introduction of approaches, processes and systems new to the team.
- Oversee MEL consultants to deliver quality work products.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, public policy, applied economics, or related area of study.
- At least five (5) years of relevant and progressive professional experience designing and implementing MEL systems.
- Evidence of specialized training in MEL systems and experience designing and overseeing rigorous evaluation methods, applying analyses tools, and reporting results for agriculture and/or food security development projects.
- Experience working with private sector, civil society, and government sectors on M&E programs, as well as building the capacity of local organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to implement, operationalize, and manage information collection and assessment systems, and experience using, managing, and trouble-shooting databases using appropriate software applications for data entry, analysis, and storage of quantitative data.
- High-level of competency in the use of MS Office software and skilled competency in quantitative data analysis software (preferably SPSS or Stata).
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate, and monitor tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently with minimum oversight and proactively and collaboratively as team member, requiring skills to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate, and monitor task completion and achievements.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships internally and externally with USAID, partners and other key stakeholders.
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda languages.
- Experience managing MEL systems for USAID-funded programs; experience on USAID Feed the Future programs and the related reporting requirements.
- Experience in MSD project implementation and in measuring systemic change.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Land O’Lakes never requests money or payment from candidates for any position type. Please report any such requests to Land O’Lakes.
INDI MYANYA Y’AKAZI YATAMBUTSE:
Kanda ku mwanya wifuza gusaba muri iyi ikurikira: