Monitoring and Verification/ Quality Assurance Associate at C Quest Capital: (Deadline 5 August 2022)
Monitoring and Verification (Quality Assurance) Associate,
Clean Cooking and Sustainable Energy
Full-Time 6-Month Contract with possibility of extension
C- Quest Capital LLC (CQC) is a social impact investor, project developer, and climate finance specialist whose mission is to transform the lives of people in the poorest communities in developing countries by providing them access to clean and sustainable energy services and clean energy technologies and improving the health and wellbeing of women and children. CQC was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Washington DC, the USA with subsidiaries in India, Malaysia, Singapore, and Cambodia, on-ground teams in Malawi and Zambia, and rapidly growing into other Sub-Saharan African countries.
CQC is a leader in providing clean efficient cooking and lighting services to the rural poor worldwide and has growing businesses in renewable energy production and supply, sustainable agricultural land use, and forestry. Our projects are implemented either through our own operational platforms and subsidiaries or through closely managed partnerships and joint ventures with on-the-ground organizations.
We have active investments in over 13 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa, Central America, and South and East Asia that have thus far improved the lives of over 20 million people.
CQC employs over 100 full-time staff of investment, project management, and carbon professionals based around the world including Washington DC, India, Malaysia, Cambodia, Malawi, and Zambia. In addition, we regularly draw on a pool of individual consultants, collaborating NGO and private sector partners, and staff of our joint venture partners.
CQC is rapidly expanding its investment in cleaner cooking services across its core geographies. In Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) we have launched a three million household four-year investment across Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Angola, and Rwanda with pilot activities planned in several other SSA Least Developed Countries. We manage country teams and implementing partners across the region. We are expanding our skilled staff in Rwanda.
Under the guidance of the Monitoring and Verification Manager, the Monitoring and
Verification (Quality Assurance) Associate will:
- Work directly with Monitoring and Verification Manageroverseen by the Director of Operations – Africa and Senior Operations Specialist overseeing country of work to coordinate on the ground logistical support of stove projects with implementing partners.
- Assist with managing Rwanda-based personnel as needed, including, identifying, contracting, and training all enumerators who will assist with carbon monitoring and verification.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the monitoring and verification process for CQC for issuing Verified Emission Reductions (VERs), as delegated by the Monitoring and Verification Manager
- Create a process to inspect the quality of stoves installed for IPs to ensure that stoves are constructed to our standards and are in use; will communicate findings of inspection visits to the team and IPs to improve the quality of installations.
- Well-versed in all CQC training materials/operational manuals and able to co-facilitate training with IP field staff, upon request.
- Stove Theory Training– Able to provide an overview of stove theory as well as our business and process of implementation.
- Stove Practicum Training– Able to lead demonstration and construction of our cook stove.
- Enumeration/Registration Training– Able to train on how to use stove registration application and upload to DMS via smartphone.
- Assist in the Customs/Border/Shipment logistics surrounding deliveries of parts to IP upon request. May include the courier of stove parts and/or QR cards personally, through in-country shipping, or procurement of canter trucks.
- Manage personal travel budget effectively and complete expense reports as needed.
- Assist in the organization of and implementation of training for Partner Organizations, Compliance, and Verification teams.
- Provide Partner Organization with the guidance required in preparing for training.
- Participate in training for partner organizations.
The location is Kigali, with global communication as CQC relies heavily on staff working at home and the use of video conferencing technology to communicate between its team across the world.
Monitoring and Verification (Quality Assurance) Associates are expected to travel on an as-needed short -notice timeline. Much of the role will be overseeing households throughout the project country.
The appointee will report to the Monitoring and Verification Manager and be overseen by the Senior Operations Specialist – Rwanda, daily, and Senior Managers, as needed.
This is a Supervisory position, with supervision and hiring of in-country teams (compliance, verification, etc.).
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably focused on sciences, health, environment, climate change, gender, and development, or international development, with an advanced degree(s) in relevant fields advantageous, depending on the field of study and experience gained.
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English. Skills in other languages, like French, are preferred.
- Experience in building and facilitating relationships for rural and/or urban development programs.
- Familiarity with Supply Chain Management in Project Country is desired.
- Applied cross-sector knowledge and proficiency in one or more of the following areas: health, environmental/conservation/forestry, agriculture, sustainable/renewable energy, or gender/women’s empowerment.
- Availability to travel domestically on an as-needed and short-notice basis.
- Networking and marketing skills at national, regional, and local levels with Rwandan nationals and non-national staff.
- Competent with email, WhatsApp, and Skype/Zoom video calls. All Associates should maintain an adequate level of smartphone and computer literacy.
- Written and oral proficiency and literacy in English language and local country dialects.
- Proficiency in facilitating and delivering training to non-expert audiences.
- Patience and the desire to contribute to livelihood development and climate transformation technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in handling and analyzing large data sets and relational databases, advantageous.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills with experience working in a global team environment are an advantage.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your experience working with 1) rural areas in Rwanda, 2) partner organizations, and 3) large Excel data sets and Resume (CV) to email@example.com
The deadline is 5th August 2022