MEL Officer -RWANDA
We are an International Development Organization putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world.
We help people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. Challenges made worse by catastrophic climate change and persistent gender inequality. We work with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy. And we share what works with others, so answers that start small can grow big.
We are a global change-making group. The group consists of a UK registered charity with community projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America, an independent development publishing company and a technical consulting service. We combine these specialisms to multiply our impact and help shape a world that works better for everyone.
Practical Action’s vision is of a world that works better for everyone.
We help people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems, made worse by catastrophic climate change and persistent gender inequality. Our aims are to:
- Make agriculture work better for smallholder farmers, many of them women, so they can adapt to climate change and achieve a good standard of living
- Help more people harness the transformational effects of clean affordable energy and reduce avoidable deaths caused by smoke from indoor stoves and fires.
- Make cities in poorer countries cleaner, healthier places to live and work.
- Build disaster resilience into the lives of people threatened by hazards – reducing the risk of hazards and minimizing their impact on lives and livelihoods.
HOW WE WORK
We work on holistic solutions that change systems and have a framework to help us achieve our aims:
- Analyze the root causes of a poverty and vulnerability
- Define the change at scale we need to make
- Develop activities along three complementary paths: Demonstrate, Learn and Inspire.
- Demonstrate that our solutions are sustainable in the real world
- Learn by capturing evidence and adapting our approach
- Inspire wider support to multiply our impact.
Practical Action is an unconventional, multi-disciplinary change making organization
- A highly innovative community development charity operating in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Practical Actioncommunity projects use ingenious ideas to design, test, refine and prove new ways to overcome poverty and disadvantage and then ‘open-source’ knowledge of what works so that it can be implemented at a greater scale by others.
- A world-class consulting operation that helps socially responsible business, government policy makers and other development organizations. This draws on learnings from our own development work as well as the combined brainpower of a roster of over 2,000 expert consultants. Practical Action Consultinghelps to extend the reach of our influence by providing the best advice to others, whose work can make a bigger difference.
- A well-respected specialist development publisher. Practical Action Publishingbrings together development practitioners, researchers and thought leaders to create publications that stimulate discussion, strengthen peoples’ capabilities and inspire sustainable change.
PRACTICAL ACTION RWANDA
In Rwanda, we are recognized leaders in clean cooking and sustainable energy solutions. This includes ground-breaking work in solar, wind and water powered electricity generation, often delivered through independent mini-grids. We bring rural communities, people in refugee camps, energy providers and decision makers together to put sustainable, clean energy solutions to work for the people who need them most.
In our strategic business plan 2018-2021, we propose to extend our current reach and scope in Rwanda by deepening our energy work and stretching our portfolio to work with small holder farmers to make agriculture work better for them. Within our energy ambition, Practical Action is implementing the Renewable Energy for Refugees (RE4R) project in partnership with UNHCR. The project aims to deliver renewable energy investments through an innovative approach in humanitarian settings, working directly with refugees and host communities in Kigeme, Nyabiheke and Gihembe refugee camps in Rwanda. The project will provide access to affordable and sustainable sources of renewable energy, and improve the health, wellbeing and security of target populations. It will draw on Practical Action’s considerable existing experience of renewable energy programmes in developing countries – working directly with communities to deliver the best energy services and products possible for local people.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Practical Action Rwanda seeks to recruit a capable and focused Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer to be based in its Rwanda office in Kigali. The MEL officer will be responsible for delivering high quality MEL activities across the three project sites including coordination of MEL activities between field staff and technical team in Kigali.
S/he will be accountable to;
- Coordinate the Rwanda’s quarterly and annual reporting against Practical Action’s Strategic Business Plan (SBP), particularly on RE4R’s contribution to Practical Action’s Energy Ambition.
- Lead Practical Action’s MEL activities relating to contribution to change in the energy access sector, using a systems approach to analyze and integrate cultural, political and economic factors.
- Ensure that Practical Action’s work draws on learning and innovation from work in the field and other partners and are shared effectively with the wider Practical Action organization.
- Ensure that project activities, outputs and outcomes feed into Practical Action’s impact ambition, strategic plans and project implementation
HOW TO APPLY
A detailed Job Profile can be accessed from Practical Action website
If you have the experience, skills and the ability we are looking for; please forward your application letter (1 page) and updated CV/Resume (3 pages max) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject as the Job title you are applying for.
The application deadline is 3rd July 2022
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Practical Action is committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process
INDI MYANYA Y’AKAZI YATAMBUTSE:
Kanda ku mwanya wifuza gusaba muri iyi ikurikira: