Medical Assistant at International Organization for Migration (IOM): (Deadline 24 June 2022)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
|Position Title||Medical Assistant|
|Organization Unit||: Medical Health Department|
|Duty Station||Kigali, Rwanda|
|Classification||: General Service Staff, Grade G4 (UN salary Scale for|
|Type of Appointment||: One year Fixed-term, with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||: As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||24 JUNE 2022|
|Reference Code||VN 2022/13 -RW|
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Operations Manager and direct supervision of the Senior Operations Assistant Field Support, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying-out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to Operations in Kigali, Rwanda.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
The Medical Assistant provides information, relevant to Health Assessment Programs, Applicant processing and other IOM services to the migrants.
He/she may be assigned to one of two potential subunits within the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC): the reception and data processing unit or the call centre. The incumbent will need to be capable of flexibility when assigned different tasks. Below is a description of the possible tasks, which are more detailed in the duty lists and standard operating procedures (SOPS).
Call Centre overall duties:
- Provide migrants’ information regarding health assessments by phone;
- Register the migrants in the IOM database, schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and beneficiaries;
- Prepare master lists of migrants scheduled for health assessment processing and submit them to respective service providers / relevant persons as required;
- Maintain daily statistics related to health assessments and update the records; and,
- Contribute to customer satisfaction evaluation management.
- Reception and Data Entry overall duties:
- Perform all the necessary data processing activities of the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC), such as:
- receiving and explaining the registration process to applicants;
- checking applicant’s identity;
- entering bio-data of the applicants in the appropriate platform;
- taking photos using webcam and loading the image to the appropriate platform; and,
- printing of medical forms, consent forms and other necessary documents.
- receive all completed medical examination forms, x-rays and other documents from Country Offices or Panel Physicians while updating the reception of the same in the database and forward for quality check before clearance, if applicable;
- Prepare, sort and package medical files and other documents during mobile migration health assessment missions where such mobile units are available;
- Transmit completed medical forms, DNA packages and other medical documents either by electronic means or by courier services to the various partners. Ensure correct contacts and physical address are used whenever documents are transmitted by courier services and ensure to inform the receiving party of the parcel tracking number electronically;
- File incoming/outgoing letters, reports, memoranda, emails faxes as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical issues;
- Check, print and make photocopy of bank deposit slips (or other proof of payment). Regularly submit these photocopies to the Administrative/Finance Assistant; and,
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree with at least two years of relevant working experience; or,
- Secondary School Diploma with at least four years of relevant working experience.
- Certificate in IT/Data entry is an advantage.
- Experience in computer data entry, elaboration and analysis or in a call centre in a busy institution, preferably a medical one;
- Typing speed of at least 60 words per minute;
- High computer literacy in Windows and MS Office is mandatory, knowledge of web page design would be an asset;
- Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as previous secretarial and archival experience, an added advantage; and,
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
Fluency in English. French, Kinyarwanda and Swahili is an added advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com by at the latest 24 JUNE 2022, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the reference code, the Position title as well as candidate’s full names
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a completed Personnel History Form (please download and fill it) and an application letter (not more than one page)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 10.06.2022 to 24.06.2022
INDI MYANYA Y’AKAZI YATAMBUTSE:
Kanda ku mwanya wifuza gusaba muri iyi ikurikira: