Local Revenues Advisor for Decentralization and Good Governance (DGG) Programme at GIZ Rwanda: (Deadline 7 July 2022)
Local Revenues Advisor
Decentralization and Good Governance (DGG) Programme
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy & Climate and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The DGG programme has entered a new phase of implementation as of 1 January 2023 and runs until December 2024. The overall objective of the Programme is to support and enable local authorities in Rwanda to deliver services in line with good governance criteria which meet the needs and priorities of the citizens. To do so, the Programme works alongside three intervention areas: 1) local planning and service delivery; 2) local public financial management and revenue enhancement; and 3) citizen participation and local accountability. The main political partner of the Programme is the Ministry of Local Government (MINALOC). However, we also work closely with a number of other government institutions including the Rwanda Revenue Authority (RRA) and the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MINECOFIN) as well as a wide variety of Civil Society Organizations including Transparency International Rwanda (TI R), Never Again Rwanda (NAR) and others. A particular focus for the next three years will be to work more closely and directly with local government authorities across district, sector and cell levels. This position is based in the second intervention area.
GIZ Rwanda is searching candidate for the position of Local Revenues Adviser for Decentralization and Good Governance (DGG) Programme. The position is based in GIZ’s programme to support the Decentralization process (DGG Programme) in Rwanda.
Contrat duration: 01.08.2022 – 31.12.2024
Position: One (1)
Start date: 1st August 2022
The Local Revenues Adviser for Decentralization and Good Governance (DGG) Programme performs the following responsibilities and tasks:
The Local Revenues Adviser, under supervision of the Component Manager, is responsible for:
· Managing specific activity packages under the intervention area of enhancing local public financial management (PFM) and especially local revenue enhancement in accordance with the Programme goals and activities agreed jointly with the partners,
· Serving as a primary focal person for activities implemented with and acting as an advisor to the partners, especially Rwanda Revenue Authority (RRA), and coordinating the activities with RRA, the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MINECOFIN) and selected local governments (districts) with relevance to local revenue enhancement,
· Supporting the design, implementation and follow up on programme activities in the respective area of work,
· Identifying opportunities for citizen engagement especially at local level in the activities related to local revenue enhancement,
· Establishing and maintaining strong professional relationships with relevant stakeholders, especially from the Government of Rwanda and the development partners’ side,
· Under the overall strategic leadership of the Component Manager, responsible for steering and managing short-term technical experts in his/her area of work technical management and steering of national short-term experts in her/his area of responsibility,
· Supporting the monitoring, reporting, (operational) planning and budgeting of activities conducted in the intervention area and for the Programme,
· Contributing to any other team efforts deemed necessary to enhance the work of the programme and GIZ in Rwanda, including periodic strategic planning, efforts at boosting visibility, etc.
The Local Revenues Adviser performs the following tasks:
· Coordination Tasks
· Provide inputs and comments on concept notes submitted by partners,
· Coordinate the follow up implementation of previously identified opportunities to enhance local revenues,
· Advise on and support adequate involvement of all stakeholders that are relevant to her/his area of work to enhance ownership and buy-in across them,
· Apply GIZ’s management model for cooperation and joint steering in her/his daily work,
· Coordinate and prioritise relevant intervention activities in cooperation with the partners both as regards the organisational preparation as well as the implementation of activities,
· Compile the relevant information for joint activities and assignments,
· Support his colleagues and the Component Manager in strategy development for the intervention areas of fiscal decentralization,
· Represent GIZ-DGG interests during meetings with other stakeholders,
· Foster the visibility of the Programme and its work with the Development Partner community and the programme’s stakeholder landscape.
· Professional Advisory Services
· Advises partner institution(s) technically on the development of concept notes and strategies by providing technical inputs,
· Develop a strategic approach to the area of local PFM and local revenue enhancement,
· Provide inputs into policy process and policy documents during consultations by the GoR (especially MINECOFIN),
· Prepares and implements joint programme activities,
· Formulates terms of reference and supervises third parties in the course of carrying out programme activities,
· Carries out the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues related to the area of responsibility,
· Monitors programme progress in interventions of local PFM and local revenue enhancement,
· Reviews reports and documents on the progress of the joint action plan,
· Identifies bottlenecks and recommends alternative management options to the partners.
· Networking and Cooperation
· Ensures effective cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with the partners especially MINECOFIN, RRA, local governments as well as other relevant stakeholders,
· Contributes to the active participation of partner institutions in the Fiscal Decentralization Working Group and the Fiscal Decentralization Steering Committee,
· Liaises with other Development Partners and shares insights with the Component Manager as well as the rest of the Programme team.
· Knowledge Management
· Compiles information on local revenue generation and ensures information sharing within the intervention area and at the programme level, using appropriate GIZ channels,
· Formulates appropriate inputs for various programme reports including annual reports and contributes to other reports and communication as required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office.
· Other duties/additional tasks
· Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management,
· Understands and can independently apply GIZ’s rules and regulations (especially regarding procurements) regarding the implementation of activities.
· Required qualifications, competences and expired
INDI MYANYA Y’AKAZI YATAMBUTSE:
Kanda ku mwanya wifuza gusaba muri iyi ikurikira: