IT Product Developer at Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD): ( Deadline 6 August 2022)
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
- Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
- Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
- Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality and disability norms. We promote gender responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following position:
IT PRODUCT DEVELOPER (1)
|Job Title: IT Product Developer
||Job Level: JG6
|Department: IT & Digital Innovation
|Duo Reports to: Functionally to Manager IT & Digital Innovation Administratively to AFFIR Project Coordinator
|Direct Reports: N/A
||Indirect Reports: N/A
|Contract terms: 5years renewable fixed term
|Purpose of the Job:
|The purpose of the job is to manage the process of developing a product or enhancing existing products to meet customer expectations effectively.
|Main Responsibilities of the Job:
- Conduct market research, collaborating with business units, technical, and developing prototypes.
- Identify and Understand customer and the larger business objectives that a product or feature will fulfill, articulates what success looks like for a product, and rallies a team to turn that vision into a reality by synthesizing opportunities.
- Work with Head, Ops, and the respective Division representatives to develop comprehensive digitalization plan using services system design approach
- Gather user requirements, analyze, and propose a digitization roadmap and master plan which include process improvement workflow and necessary data collection for analysis to support a measurable outcome in operational efficiency, optimization, and improved service level
- Apply creativity and innovation to figure out whether the product could be the solution
- Engage customers to ensure that the digitalization plan create the right value proposition to them
- Conduct client interviews to understand clients’ experience and pain points
- Integrate input from multiple channels, including customer research and stakeholder requirements, into product priorities and requirements
- Prioritize projects and features based on impact and alignment with the team’s long-term goals and strategy
- Design, build, launch, and assess (Minimum Viable Product) MVPs Analyze MVP and experiment data and synthesize into findings and actionable insights
- Test whether the solution product is viable, worth pursuing and liked by the target users.
- Identify and participate in new business opportunities, develop proposals and scopes of work as required.
- Improved level of automation across various business processes and enhance the exploitation of opportunities provided by IT in achieving the Bank’s business objectives
- Monitor the department adherence to policies and procedures that are compliant with industry and regulatory policies
- Assess and qualify internal software application needs through process reviews with internal users; gather and document functional and business requirements
- Timely and effective implementation of IT projects
- Documented system and application procedures
- Timely and 100% resolution of user digital transformation projects
- Development of automated solutions and integrated ecosystem
- Heads and user departments
- Senior Managers, Managers & Division Lead
|Professional, academic qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Product design or a related field
- Research and forecasting skills
- Proven working experience as a product developer or in related field.
- Be comfortable using prototyping tools and design software
- Work well within a team.
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in IT Product Development role or related fields
|Competencies shall include but not limited to:
- Experience of Business process Improvement aligned to support digital strategy
- Effective problem-solving skills to ensure a quick response whenever an issue arises regarding the product design and development
- Strong knowledge on Product Design
- Business Acumen
- Knowledge of IT systems and applications
- Enterprise Resource Planning
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital, and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: 6th August 2022
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Due to expected high volume of applications, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, 21st July 2022