IT Assistant at FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry): (Deadline 27 July 2022)
FH ASSOCIATION RWANDA (Food for the Hungry)
PO BOX 911 Kigali, Rwanda
FH Association (Food for the Hungry) is an International Christian, Relief and Development organization with a vision “All forms of Poverty ended worldwide” and a mission; “Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty”. FH Rwanda operates in Kamonyi, Ruhango, Muhanga, Gatsibo, Nyagatare and Ngororero districts and has recently expanded its interventions in Karongi district. Our Head Office is located at Umuyenzi Plazza, 2nd Floor, Kisimenti – Remera.
We are seeking to hire a qualified, dedicated and experienced Rwandan National for the “IT Assistant” position to be based in One of the districts of our operations. The job holder reports to the IT Coordinator.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the overall supervision of the IT Coordinator, the IT Assistant is responsible for providing support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. He/she will ensure that IT infrastructures are effectively and efficiently used in all FH Rwanda Area Programs.
MAIN KEY RESULTS
Customer and Technical Support (60%)
- First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users.
- Responds to support requests via multiple sources such as phone, e-mail and remote tools.
- Work with vendor technical support personnel on solutions for clients.
- Provides responsive support for problems found during normal working hours as well as outside normal working hours.
- Participates in deployment of new or upgrade information technology and infrastructure projects, including assisting co-workers and vendor partners.
- Work with respective IT team (IT coordinator) on projects monitoring, tracking and processing customer updates Ensure level 1 support and maintenance of all computer equipment and the peripherals.
- Install and perform level 1 support of all the business applications. Installs and supports business application on mobile phones Installs and performs repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Provides on-going support of client technology Configures and installs all new client equipment such as desktop PCs, peripheral equipment, laptops and other mobile devices.
- Provides technical support to meetings and workshop that involve technology (Zoom, google Meet projection screens, Video conferencing, …).
- Diagnoses and resolves client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues.
- Creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented. Ensuring timely delivery of Preventive and Corrective Maintenance.
- Provide technical support on Enterprise IT services and personal productivity tools (Finance systems, M&E, Office365, etc.)
Inventory management (10%)
- Maintains IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software Manage the inventory of IT Asset equipment from acquisition to disposal to ensure movement, withdrawal is well managed and monitored.
- Ensure reporting and reconciliation of the IT asset with Finance department records.
- Ensure ICT equipment checking at store when arrived from Supplier and provides a report to ICT team.
- Prepare, fulfill and sign the ICT equipment reception/discharge forms and ensure they are also signed by the staff receiving/returning the asset and approved by finance
- Ensure all assets are registered and reception/discharge notes are kept in a safe way Ensure up to date inventory at all times.
- Track all assets movement with proper documentation.
Training, Learning & Development (15%)
- Lead the process of conducting training needs assessment Provides documentation, training, and guidance for IT clients.
- Establish training content (webinar/documents/video) and facilitates online and onsite training for all deployed client solutions.
- Train staff on effective use of digital platforms (Zoom, google Meet, projection screens, Video conferencing, …).
Vendor Management (15%)
- Supervise on site preventative maintenance of infrastructure;
- Ensure Support and maintenance Vendor’s contracts and SLAs are signed and adhered.
- Evaluates vendor solutions to ensure compliance with requirements and cost-effectiveness at the digital workplace.
- Engages the hardware vendors on issues to remedy issues or escalates for support including warranty support.
- May resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Core competencies for staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunication;
- N+, A+, Microsoft, CCNA Certification is an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role on Networking, System Administration, Database Management and IT Support preferably in NGO settings.
OTHER ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Has a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must be able to work in a cross cultural environment. Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and staff stationed in Kigali and other program areas
- Strong working knowledge of PC Software (Microsoft operating systems and application suites, email systems, Google Applications like Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Docs. etc. Expertise in Ubuntu Linux, Open\Libre Office, LAMP Packages, etc
- Experience installing, upgrading PC hardware
- Must be goal-orientated and pro-active with a relentless focus on results and must have demonstrated ability to quickly and independently get tasks done on short deadlines with attention to details and quality
- Ability to reason logically and Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- LAN administration experience, CISCO, MCSE or other certifications/trainings in Information Communication Technology, Trainings on Advanced/specialized computer applications are advantages
- Willingness to continuously update personal IT skills and knowledge.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should fill in the Job Application Form and attach their cover letter and updated CV/Resume with three professional referees (including email address and day telephone contacts), not later than Wednesday 27th July 2022 @5pm using the following link: http://22.214.171.124/fhrwjobs
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- If any issues are experienced, please contact us separately at email@example.com
FH Safeguarding Policy
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Done at Kigali on 13th July 2022