Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner (Re-advertisement)
Reports to Senior HR Business Partner
Department: Human Resource
Location: Kigali International Airport
Dedicated to specific business units and support Line Managers as an internal consultant to resolve tactical and operational challenges. Focus on strategic support, and business-critical activities including leading Employee Relations activities and improving organizational productivity and quality. Understanding the business’ commercial strategy, activities, and needs and connecting them with specialists from the HR department who can provide focused expertise to address specific HR needs.
To provide sound and professional human resource advice and support to guide management decision-making.
Main Duties and Accountabilities
- Know the business, the strategy and business drivers, products, budgets, forecasts, and employee issues. Understand the hopes, fears, likes, dislikes, and who the key influencers are, including having an awareness of the cultural diversity within the business area.
- Coach and prompt business managers to think strategically, think about the impact of changes on the organization, and how to best make use of people to achieve success.
- Ensure ER activity is in line with policy, and decision-making is taken in a fair, consistent, and transparent manner. Using such data to drive upskilling and business results.
- Assist HR leaders to align HR strategy with business strategy, leading policy development and strategy discussions.
Human Resource Functions:
- Organisational Design – Ensure that the organization is appropriately designed to deliver organization objectives in the short and long-term and that structural change is effectively managed.
- Insights, Strategy, and Solutions – Develop a deep understanding of business areas, the organization, and the context in which it operates. Using business understanding, develop actionable HR insights and solutions.
- Organisational Development – Ensure the organization has a committed, ‘fit for the future workforce to deliver its strategic ambition. Ensure the organization’s culture, values, and environment support and enhance organization performance and adaptability.
- Provide insight and leadership on the development and execution of any capability, cultural and change activities.
- Resourcing and Talent Planning – Ensure that the organization actively manages an appropriate balance of resources to meet changing needs, the short and long-term ambitions of the organization’s strategy, and to create a competitive advantage.
- Learning and Talent Development -Ensure that people at all levels of the organization possess and develop the skills, knowledge, and experiences to fulfill the short and long-term ambitions of the organization and that they are motivated to learn, grow and perform.
- Performance and Reward – Build a high-performance culture by delivering programs that recognize and reward critical skills, capabilities, experience, and performance, and ensure that reward systems are market-based, equitable, and cost-effective.
- Employee Engagement – In line with the organization’s objectives, ensure that in all aspects of the employment experience – the emotional connection that all employees have with their work, colleagues, and their organization (in particular line manager relationship) is positive and understood and that it delivers greater discretionary effort in their work and the way they relate to their organization.
- Employee Relations – Ensure that the relationship between the organization and its staff is managed appropriately within a framework underpinned by organization practices and policies and by relevant employment law.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Develop effective working relationships with the client group positioning Human Resources as an integral part of the business and the HR Manager function as a trusted advisor and consultant.
- Provide expert coaching and advice to the senior management team and line managers to improve individual and organizational performance.
- Proactively gain client feedback to help the Human Resources function to improve service levels.
- Maintain close contact with members of the Business Support Team and the HR department to work in synchronization with the other business units.
- Ensure that the delivery of HR Services and information to leaders, managers, staff, and clients is accurate, efficient, timely, cost-effective, and professionally managed.
- Communicate to the business from HR and to HR from the business.
- Encourage open constructive dialogue between employees, managers, and leaders.
- Continually view HR services and ensure communication channels between employees and supporting departments are enabled and support where necessary.
Desired Profile: Required education, Experience, and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resource Management or Business Administration with a Specialisation in Human Resources.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a Human Resource Operations function preferably HR Business partner roles supporting business teams, HR Information systems such as IHRIS, etc.
- Experience of working in the fastest growing institutions and working under pressure but still delivering quality work or reports.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook, also keen knowledge and experience of the importance of databases and their role in providing accurate management information.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to adapt to changing priorities within a fast-paced and results-driven work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be able to deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to manage and motivate employees in a professional compelling manner.
- Self-assured, internally motivated, and passionate individual with outstanding communication skills driven to succeed and make a difference.
- Must possess high levels of integrity, resilience, accountability, commitment, and determination.
How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to Director, Human Resources;
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of Rwanda’s national identity card;
- Three referees.
N.B: Candidates who have already applied to this vacancy, you advised not to apply again. The deadline for submitting application documents is June 24, 2022, at 4:00 PM local time.
Please send your application documents in one scanned PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org
INDI MYANYA Y’AKAZI YATAMBUTSE:
Kanda ku mwanya wifuza gusaba muri iyi ikurikira: