ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have helped farmers plant millions of trees so far and plan to support the planting of hundreds of millions more over the next ten years. Our goal now is to find new opportunities through partnerships to expand our scale and farmer access in an impactful, efficient, and environmentally responsible way. The Agroforestry Partnerships Manager will identify opportunities for partnership, developing frameworks for collaboration and managing the implementation of joint ventures. You will report to our Global Agroforestry Lead.
- Lead external engagement and build a strong network. You will build important relationships to establish and grow our agroforestry work with external leaders from other organizations. As the lead representative for OAF, you will build excitement around our work and mobilize others towards our mission and achieve shared goals through collaboration
- Conduct a wide scan for potential partnerships. Potential partners could include government agencies, NGOs, private entities and could look at an unlimited number of strategic plays within agroforestry; such as securing supply chains, modifying and implementing OAF operating models in new areas or building technological solutions supporting the scaling up of field programs
- Establish 1-2 partnerships within the first 12 months that have a viable path to distribute millions of trees within 5 years. You will independently manage the design, implementation, field execution and strategic direction of the partnerships
- Support agroforestry programs to reach goals. You will work with our in-country teams to support field performance and strategic planning to reach our annual and 5 year targets. This includes supporting analysis and building solutions to field challenges during program setup and distribution. You will also support strategic projects for program design including developing business models and proposals for new services and products.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 6+ years working in program management with at least 4 years managerial responsibilities including strategy development and performance management.
- Experience in partnership development, maintaining and working with senior partners.
- A track-record of implementation preferred, taking projects from strategic to operational within a relatively short amount of time.
- Field experience working in smallholder farmer agriculture/agroforestry desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Language: English required in all locations.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Flexible – Nairobi, Kenya or Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, Kigali, Rwanda
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya or Tanzania or Rwanda
3 August 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
INDI MYANYA Y’AKAZI YATAMBUTSE:
Kanda ku mwanya wifuza gusaba muri iyi ikurikira: