Facilitator at African Management Institute (AMI): (Deadline 24 July 2022)
AMI is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Facilitator to join our Implementation team in Kigali, Rwanda as we expand our portfolio of clients across East Africa. S/he will report to the facilitation manager.
The successful candidate will play an instrumental role in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results.
This is a great opportunity for candidates with a passion for learning and development to play a part in Africa’s transformation.
We are looking to build our pool of freelance facilitators, who deliver our world-class online content in a blended-learning workshop environment to clients in companies and organizations. Successful candidates will undertake rigorous AMI training to become an accredited AMI facilitator. They will then operate on a freelance basis, and will be engaged for specific assignments based on the needs of AMI’s business clients, and their own availability. There may be scope for more formal engagement for the right candidates.
Facilitators will join a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. We work hard, innovate constantly and have fun in the process. This is a chance for someone with a passion for learning, people development, technology and business growth to be part of Africa’s transformation.
We are looking for excellent facilitators with great people skills and confidence. AMI facilitators respect our proven content, processes and methodology but bring their own flavor to the classroom or boardroom.
Before becoming accredited AMI facilitators, candidates must attend an onboarding session. They will then shadow current facilitators and engage in peer feedback and assessment. Once accredited, facilitators will need to maintain their accreditation through an annual review and assessment process, and will be expected to attend quarterly refresher courses, both online and in person.
Successful candidates will then facilitate blended learning workshops on a freelance basis for a range of clients depending on AMI’s needs, from small groups of senior executives at client companies, middle managers and supervisors, larger groups of entry-level staff or even small-scale entrepreneurs.
- Ensure familiarity and full adherence with AMI’s general training manuals as well as the specific facilitation guides for the respective learning module
- Liaise with learning success manager and client to manage logistics and ensure equipment is in place ahead of workshop
- Conduct research to ensure familiarity with company’s business, sector and market
- Run the workshop from start to finish, ensuring that learning objectives are met
- Manage delivery of video content and all technical requirements on the day of the workshop
- Ensure feedback forms are completed and delivered
- Handle any queries from workshop participants
- Liaise with client and learning success manager to address any additional client needs
- Provide brief to learning success manager and general manager for closure and invoicing
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal. Ability to create and customize content that is high-quality, practical and relevant
- Outstanding training and facilitation skills. Ability and confidence to work with senior management teams, entry-level staff and small-scale entrepreneurs.
- Ability to follow processes, while also thinking creatively
- Understanding of management education, corporate training and/or enterprise development in Africa (preferred)
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability.
- Strong people skills & natural authority.
- Willingness to engage in robust debate alongside deep respect for others
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
- To be comfortable in both English and Kinyarwanda, French is a bonus.
- Better understanding of the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Rwanda and Africa.
- Able to run a session virtually and in-person.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in business consulting, company training, enterprise development or management education (essential)
- Facilitation experience (essential)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience