Database & Digital Systems Specialists at MTN Rwanda: (Deadline 7 July 2022)
About MTN Rwanda
MTN Rwanda is focused on attracting, recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals that contribute meaningfully to the achievement of our mission of making our customers’ lives a whole lot BRIGHTER.
We are an equal employment employer with a strong culture that is forward looking and encourages creative thinking and innovation, while remaining at the forefront of the latest technology and trends.
MTN Rwanda is therefore Internally and Externally recruiting a highly competent and self-motivating individual for the below Position in IT Department
Create, maintain, administer all databases (Oracle/SQL server/Mysq/Maria) Ensuring the availability
• Installation, configuration and upgrading of databases and related products
• Perform Databases maintenance, Optimization, and administration
• Implement, maintain, enforces database security including audit recommendations
• Install and test upgrades and patches on all databases
• Perform database Task automation and monitoring
• Provide Documentation and Reporting
• Provide technical support in the digital transformation plan
• Design Digital transformation initiatives and lead the implementation
• Develop performant SQL for use in a Power BI reporting environment
• Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases
• Create and Manage database replications from Primary to DR sites.
• Install and Perform administration for oracle Real Application Cluster, Dataguard and ASM
• Plan and implement backup and recovery of the Oracle/SQL server/Mysql/postgresql/Maria databases
• Provide technical support to application development teams and users accessing the DB.
• Act as the point of contact for OEM Support
• Administer database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views…
• Perform ongoing performance tuning of the database instances
• Set the data governance and retention processes and policies in collaboration with the Business Applications team to ensure the continued integrity of data sources used for core reports
• Pro-actively ensure database systems are maintained at the highest level of support in all production and non-production environments
• Participate in establishing processes, best practices, strategies, and database management solutions including development standards, backup/recovery, quality control, DR/failover, monitoring, maintenance, metric reporting, optimization, improvement, automation, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or IT
• 5 Years’ experience of relevant skills in this field
How to apply
All interested candidates are requested to send their application letters and updated curriculum vitae together with copies of their academic credentials not later than 7thJuly 2022 through the job’s platform on: jobs2.RW@mtn.com.