JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Enabel is a Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa, and the Middle East.
In view of the further development of its activities, Enabel is currently looking for a(f/m) Contract Officer.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda.
Duration of the contract: Open-ended employment contract – local contract according to the Rwandan labor law.
Expected starting date: September 2022
Salary package according to our salary grids (class 4 – Public Procurer): From 1.089.972RWF gross salary depending on the number of years of relevant experience.
Under the direct supervision of the Expert in Contracting and Administration (ECA), the Contract Officer will ensure for the account of Enabel good management of public procurement and of the control mechanisms, support the development of tools (checklists, templates manuals…), and of related competences in order to successfully complete the public procurement and grant procedures for the interventions.
In general, (s)he will:
- Process dossiers that require specific public procurement & other contractual framework expertise in order to ensure proper contractual management, respecting deadlines, budget constraints and public procurement regulations.
- Advise internal clients of interventions and Representations in order to accompany the co-workers and help them achieve their operational objectives and develop their skills.
- Identify and capitalise on knowledge to better share it and rationalise it in order to facilitate access of internal clients and in order to ensure adequate management of public procurement.
- Check and compare information and reports in order to guarantee that data are correct and of quality and that the procedure is regular.
- Follow up the dossiers with external instances (Court of Audit, audits…) and guarantee good communication in order to guarantee good progress of dossiers.
- Centralise and file all documents and information in an exhaustive and well-structured manner;
- Perform or support the related administrative tasks (editing letters, filing, drawing up minutes…).
- Produce risk analysis report for all big tenders, follow up the internal control and audit action plans in order to put the risks in the spotlight and minimize the impact.
- Support in the organization and accompanying the capacity development of partner entities in order to contribute to the improvement of their organization, processes, and systems and of their staff’s competences.
- Rwandan Citizen;
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or Law.
- Min. 5 years with proven experience in public procurement management.
- An earlier professional experience with a (bilateral or multilateral) donor is an asset.
- An earlier professional experience in the domain of development is an asset.
- Experience in capacity development and training.
- Advanced mastery of Excel and Word.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with discretion in a multicultural environment.
- Proficient in Kinyarwanda and English. Working knowledge of French is an asset;
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Service and solution-oriented
- Very good analytical skills
- Can work independently
- High integrity and Reliable
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission, and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
Following this recruitment procedure, a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
How to apply
Interested applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents through Job in Rwanda by Carefully filling in this application form. And includes a detailed Curriculum Vitae (max 5 pages), a motivation letter, and a copy of the University degree(s). Past and current service certificates also need to be attached to the application (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting). Specify in your CV the names of three referees (former direct supervisors) as well as their emails and telephone numbers. Submit the full file not later than 14th July 2022.
Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other factor other than competence.
Only online applications are accepted. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, June 29th, 2022
Resident Representative, Enabel Rwanda