Competition and Players Affiliation Officer at FERWAFA: (Deadline 9 August 2022)
Job Vacancy Announcement
Job title: Competition and Players Affiliation Officer
Reporting to: The Head of Competitions Department.
Fédération Rwandaise de Football Association (FERWAFA) is non-governmental and non-profit organization founded in 1972 as member of CAF and FIFA in 1978.
FERWAFA has set the main goal, which is to develop, improve and organize the football games throughout Rwanda territory, which might end as well by improving the CAF/FIFA ranking.
To legitimately stand with confidence, FERWAFA is recognized by the government of Rwanda and operates within the framework of the FIFA/CAF rules and regulations.
Starting time: Immediately
Role and Responsibilities:
To administer all football competitions in a well-organized and timely manner. He/She will work on a one-to-one basis or team basis on a variety of tasks related to the organisation of FERWAFA organised competitions.
- Assist the Head of Department of Competitions in his attributions;
- Prepare Competition schedule for the Men’s first and second division leagues as well as National Cup (Peace Cup) and its adaption when required;
- Prepare and release fixtures for the Men’s first and second division leagues as well as National Cup (Peace Cup) in line with competitions rules regarding format and drawing procedures
- Oversee players registration through FERWAFA registration platform in line with applicable regulations and produce every year the list of players registered in the first division and second division leagues as well as National cup (Peace Cup);
- Collect all the reports of the match officials and update on a regular basis during the course of men’s first and second division leagues the list of suspended players, top scorers as well as other related data;
- Manage all correspondences concerning the first and second division leagues in line with FERWAFA internal rules;
- Timely Update and communicate to all concerned stakeholders the standings of first division and second division leagues as well as National cup (Peace Cup) on a regular basis
- Facilitate the club licensing officer to Monitor and enforce club licensing regulations for men’s first division and second division clubs while encouraging through the awareness campaign, clubs to comply with FERWAFA/CAF club licensing guidelines;
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annually report of activities
- Perform any other duties related to football that might be assigned to him/her
The candidate must:
- Be Rwandan,
- Hold Criminal record testifying that the candidate has never been condemned to 6 months of imprisonment.
- Understand the principles of non-disclosure and confidentiality.
- Have master’s degree in any field with at least one year of working experience in an administration role within football or sports sector. or bachelor’s degree in any field and at least 2 years of working experience in any field in a management role within football or sports sector.
- Have good and clear understanding of the football industry, its business environment and associated challenges.
- Have capacity of problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have good attitude of time Management and ability to work under pressure.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office suite, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word;
- Have excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills in Kinyarwanda, English, French and/or Kiswahili.
The candidate should be available to start immediately upon confirmation of recruitment and contract terms finalization.
Interested candidates shall submit their application letter addressed to the Secretary General (via by email email@example.com), accompanied by:
- Signed detailed curriculum vitae,
- Copy of their degree
- Evidences of required experience
- Copy of their ID or Passport
Submission deadline is Tuesday 09th August at 05:00PM
Only applicants that will fulfill all the requirements for this position will be invited for the next phase of the recruitment process.
Done at Kigali,03/08/2022
MUHIRE Henri Brulart