Caseworker at Prison Fellowship Rwanda (PFR): ( Deadline 22 July 2022)
Duty Station: Kigali
Job type: Full time
Prison Fellowship Rwanda (PFR) is a non-profit organization that works in partnership with the government of Rwanda and its relevant agencies, local and international partners, and volunteers to foster restorative justice, unity, and reconciliation, peacebuilding, psychosocial healing initiatives, promotion of human rights and provision of legal assistance and development in Rwanda. Prison Fellowship Rwanda was founded on 01/07/1995, and affiliated with the Prison Fellowship International in 1997. It was officially registered and recognized by ministerial law no 037/17, of 23/10/2002 as a non-profit organization and published in the official gazette of the Republic of Rwanda in 2002.
Prison Fellowship Rwanda in partnership with Prison Fellowship International (PFI) through the Program “The Child’s Journey “helps the Children of incarcerated parents by providing services and activities that meet the children’s four most vital needs, namely Education, safety, health, and spiritual engagement. The program pairs each enrolled child with a trained Caseworker.
Currently Prison Fellowship Rwanda is looking for a qualified and highly motivated candidate of high moral character and professional integrity to fulfil the Position of a Caseworker to monitor the health, education, safety, and spiritual growth of the children of incarcerated parents during the period of incarceration.
Under the Supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Caseworker is responsible to undertake the following specific tasks:
- Recruit and register children and obtain accurate child data.
- Perform regular telephone, home, school, and activity monitoring.
- Assess child and family needs.
- Deliver services to enrolled children and families in each of the four program areas.
- Monitor, document, and report on child progress.
- Maintain individual case files for each child.
- Facilitate communications between child and sponsor.
- Any other duty.
- Ability to gather information and identify client needs.
- Ability to maintain and keep case files and consistent written documentation.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates proven organizational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrates a passion and love for the children.
- Experience in providing case management services (preferred).
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, Clinical-Psychology, Education, Management, Development studies, and related fields.
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in administrative work or social management.
- Having worked with Children based NGO is an added advantage.
- Being a Christian is mostly valued.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda.
How to apply
To apply, please send the following:
- Degree and National ID;
- CV (maximum 3 pages);
- Recommendation letter from employer.
- Recommendation letter from any church in Rwanda, signed and stamped.
- All documents should be sent in one document in PDF formatto email@example.com.
Application documents that will not contain the above conditions will not be considered.
The application should be addressed to the Executive Director of Prison Fellowship Rwanda with the subject “Caseworker”.
For more information about Prison Fellowship Rwanda, consult: https://pfrwanda.org/ Deadline for submission is 22nd /07/2022 at 5:00PM.
Bishop GASHAGAZA Deogratias
Executive Director Prison Fellowship Rwanda.