Business Development Manager
About the Role:
The Business Development Manager will play a crucial role in ensuring that Kumwe Hub’s achieve its vision of helping children in Rwanda live happy lives thanks to inclusive investment and innovation. The role holder will work to identify donor opportunities, facilitate donor engagement, assist in the development of fundraising strategies, and coordinate proposal development for new funding opportunities. Recognising that many conversations with donors involve a review or update around current grants as well as discussions about new opportunities, the Business Development Manager will also be expected to keep closely informed about the progress of current and past Kumwe Hub grants and able to speak to results. The Business Development Manager will be located in Kigali. The role has an external orientation, but works closely and has interactions with colleagues from the SC movement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in business management, international development orother related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting strategic planning, programme design and proposal development;
- Excellent writing/editing skills, budget development skills and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
- Experience in leading development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of project budgets.
- Results oriented, with excellent ability to work under pressure. The position requires effective time management, multi-tasking and strong coordination and planning skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiating.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Commitment to SC’s and Kumwe Hub’s values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
Deadline for receiving applications is 19th July 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*