Automobile Mechanic Officer at RwandAir Catering Ltd: (Deadline 29 July 2022)
AUTOMOBILE OFFICER JOB ADVERT
Job Title: Automobile Mechanic Officer
Reports to: Operations Manager
Automobile Mechanic Officer will be responsible for monitoring, controlling and maintenance of all company trucks and vans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintain vehicle functional condition by listening to driver’s complaints; conducting inspections; working closely with technicians in repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Carry out preventive maintenance and repair of the company trucks and vans according to the manufacturer instructions.
- Keep records of all performed maintenance, repairs and services of all trucks and vans.
- Report security threats, safety and hazard and incidents that occurred during daily operations to the line supervisor for guidance
- Ensure that most needed spares are purchased and readily available in stock
- Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by ensuring that vehicles are cleaned and washed on time.
- Carry out the truck services with fuel, oil and the radiator fluid.
- Ensure that all company vehicles and trucks have valid Airside permits, Insurance and Police Vehicle inspection license/certificate.
- Train new Staff/Loaders on operation of trucks
Job Requirements, Education and Experience
Advanced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering-Automobile Technology.
Valid driving license of B&C Categories, having D&E would be an added advantage.
At least 2 years of experience in similar works.
How to apply
If you meet all the above criteria, send in your CV together with a cover letter including a statement describing your suitability for the position you are applying for (all in English) and 3 names of referees at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please give a copy to email@example.com not later than 29th July 2022.
Note: your application latter MUST specify the position you are applying for.