Agronomist at Good Neighbors International-Rwanda: (Deadline 25 August 2022)
Good Neighbors Rwanda Tel +250-735-769-221, P.O. Box 5125 Kigali, Rwanda
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and development Non- Governmental Organization in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). GNI strives to improve lives, especially children’s lives, through community development projects. In order to complete its staff, Good Neighbors International would like to recruit one agronomist.
Agronomist (1) (To be based at Head Office Kigali)
Duties and responsibilities of agronomist
- Studying plants and soil in order to develop better planting, and cultivation techniques, improve crop yield, and solve problems facing the agriculture sector.
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of climate changes, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Visiting fields to collect the production samples for better monitoring and to know if there are some nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, and timelines.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, crops varieties, and samples.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to the project management, or other interested parties.
- Promoting products and techniques through FFS (Farmer field school) implementation and identify the need for additional assistance.
- Understanding the Rwandan agriculture policy and related regulations to ensure that all agriculture programs are in line with them.
- Provide significant technical assistance on best practices for the improved techniques of harvesting and post-harvest treatment of production in order to meet the quality standards requirements that the final food products should meet;
- Provide technical assistance to support the water user association in developed marshland and other cooperative users’ committees.
- A0 in agriculture sciences,
- At least 2 years of experience in related field
- Excellent interpersonal relationship;
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Working experience with Farmer Field School (FFS) programs and other farming groups.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan Cooperative Sector especially in Cooperative Management and development;
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of community mobilization and sensitization;
- Effectively communicate with all partners including government officials, other NGOs, and local organizations.
- Report writing and work plan development of the program as per donor and GNR requirements
The interested candidates must submit directly their application form at Good Neighbors International, Head Office Kigali (Kimihurura at fair view building) or to email: email@example.com , not later than 25th August, 2022 at 4 pm.
Note: For candidates who apply through email: 1) use subject with position and name, 2) add contact details in email contents and 3) combine all documents as one zip file
* The C.V. must be written within 2 pages in English otherwise the application will be disqualified. The Relevant experience will only be considered if the certificate is presented at submission.
Done at Kigali on the 12th August, 2022
Good Neighbors International-Rwanda