Advisor (m/f/d) System Architecture for GovStack and ICGLR in Rwanda – ICT and Digitalisation at GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit: (Deadline 20 June 2022)
Advisor (m/f/d) System Architecture for GovStack and ICGLR in Rwanda
Bookmark jobadShare jobad
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in more than 130 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
- Job-ID: V000049955
- Location: Kigali
- Assignment period: 08/01/2022 – 11/30/2023
- Field: ICT and Digitalisation
- Type of employment: full- or part-time
- Application deadline: 06/20/2022
The GovStack initiative aims to build a common understanding and technical practice on fundamental reusable and interoperable digital components, which we collectively refer to as Building Blocks. Our focus is to enable countries to kickstart their digital transformation journey by adopting, deploying, and scaling digital government services. The support to the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) program helps the Secretariat of this Regional Organisation to support its 12 Member States to improve the governance of mineral resources and cutting the link of illegal exploitation/trade and the financing of conflict. To this end, a Regional Certification Mechanism is being implemented which is supposed to certify minerals from the region as conflict-free and thereby grant international market access.
- Managing regional project partners as well as steering of consultants and other service providers and support planning, procurement processes, financial management and monitoring of the project activities
- Supporting the implementation of trainings and organise and hold workshops
- Contribute actively to reports, PR materials an communication
- Act as a technical advisor on ICT-architecture and project management methodology, certification mechanisms etc. for the Government of Rwanda, the ICGLR and other stakeholders
- Support the technical unit of ICGLR to engage with international stakeholders to promote their technical certification systems and work towards its acceptance by international industry
- Develop and foster partnerships with government and other relevant actors in the field of digital government and develop ICT architecture standards
- Support the planning of activities for a next project phase that will focus on optimizing processes and the development of a software to digitalize the ICGLR certification process for the 3TG minerals (tin, tungsten, tantalite, gold)
- Several years of relevant professional experience, preferably gained abroad, in ICT Project Management, Software Engineering, in combination with a degree in a relevant topic
- Proven track record of managing IT transformation either in the role of a program manager or lead architect
- Regional experience in East-Africa minimum three years, knowledge of the Rwandan IT ecosystem is an advantage
- Certified PMP or Prince2 consultant, Scaled Agile (SAFE) is an advantage
- Being able to communicate adequately from software-developer level up to CIO/DG level and/or government decision makers
- Senior experience in initiating and implementing development partnerships within the government sector
- Proven networking skills, a proven network to African and European actors in the ICT ecosystem is an advantage
- Business Fluent in German and English, French is an advantage
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Rwanda.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment – in particular also regarding COVID-19.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required. The willingness to work reciprocally abroad and in Germany is required.
We are happy to help accompanying partners discuss questions about benefits, residence permits and how to find your own job locally – feel free to get in touch with us during your application phase at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
INDI MYANYA Y’AKAZI YATAMBUTSE:
Kanda ku mwanya wifuza gusaba muri iyi ikurikira: