Administration and Finance Assistant at VSF-BELGIUM: (Deadline 11 July 2022)
Recruitment of Short Term – Administration and Finance Assistant
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Belgium (VSF-B) is an International NGO based in Belgium whose vision is Healthy Animal, Healthy Human, in a Health Environment while its mission is “to strengthen the capacities of disadvantaged, livestock dependent communities to improve their well-being”.
Created in 1985, VSF-B currently work in 10 African Countries and has been working in Rwanda since the year 2001 in different facets of community mobilization and development, through implementation various projects/programmes ranging from education, different aspects of animal health & improved animal management, agriculture, food security & livelihood, income generation & access to finance, green energy and different aspects of integrated environmental & natural resources management; across 15 districts of the country (for more information visit www.vsf-belgium.org).
Terms of references
With reference to the above; VSF-B is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a position of Administration and Finance Assistant for short term equivalent to 6 months.
The Administrative and Finance Assistant will provide assistance in monitoring of finance and administration management, as well as programme /projects, travel, human resources and general administrative support as well as some data management assistance.
Position Title: Administration and Finance Assistant -VSF Belgium, Rwanda Office
Reporting to: Administration and Finance Officer – Rwanda
Location: VSF-B Rwanda Head Office, Kigali, Rwanda
Contract Length: 9 months -fixed term contract
Start date: 15 July 2022
Job key tasks and key responsibilities:
|Key responsibilities||Measured by smart objectives|
|Ensure the proper Books of Accounting for VSF-B Rwanda Office||1. Prepare the Accounting documents for VSF-B Rwanda Office expenses and avail them for approvals.
2. Prepare cash and bank payment vouchers and Cheques for approved expenses and avail them for signatures.
3. Be in contact Payees for their payments.
4. Record on a regular basis all accounting documents in the win books following the chart of Accounts and accounting guidelines.
5. File Chronologically and in order all the accounting documents, scan them and avail them upon request either by Auditors or Colleagues from VSF-B Rwanda Office .
6. Manage the VSF-B Rwanda Office office Petty Cash within the guidelines and account for it.
|Assist in administration tasks and Human Resources files management for personnel of VSF-B Rwanda Office.||· Assist in preparation and logistics of meetings, workshops prepared at the VSF-B Rwanda Office .
· Prepare the payroll and payslips for the Staff at the VSF-B Rwanda Office.
· Manage the Rwanda office supplies, Stocks and equipment.
· Manage the Human Resources files and VSF-B Rwanda Office Leave database.
· Act as reference and helpdesk for any IT policy related issues from the GL countries and forward to HQ any needs for extra support.
|Others responsibilities||· Provide logistical, administrative and financial support and follow-up for substantive meetings organized Rwanda Office management , and or project managers at Head
· Review incoming correspondence, collect and prepare necessary information for reply/action, and draft and finalize responses;
· Prepare travel authorization and make travel arrangements;
· Prepare documentation required for the recruitment of SSAs, ALDs, consultants and other temporary staff;
· Manage Country Representative & project managers’ calendars and schedule of appointments;
· Maintain an office filing system and assist in archiving;
· Follow-up on the submission of financial reports by partners;
· Gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and position papers using website or content searches by selected themes;
· Carry out any other duties as may be required by VSF-B management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or in Finance
Knowledge and Experience
- 5 years finance-related work experience – accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger maintenance preferably in local and or international NGOs;
- Experience of using accounting software such as winbooks is an added advantage
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to organize effectively, work under pressure with attention to detail, precision and accuracy;
- English and French are required both oral and written.
NB: This is a local position, and only Rwandan candidates are allowed to apply.
How to apply
Interested candidates should address their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, a copy of the degree(s) and other certificates to the Country Representative of VSF-B in Rwanda delivered in a single PDF document to e-mail :firstname.lastname@example.org, with copy to: email@example.com, and to f.nshogozabahizi @vsf-belgium.org ; not later than Monday the 11th July 2022 at 5:00 p.m. (Kigali time).
- The subject of the e-mail should be mentioned “Application for the positionAdministration and Finance Assistant -VSF Belgium, Rwanda Office’’
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted .
- Late application will not be considered.
- VSF-Belgium reserve the right to do not offer the job to any candidate if candidacies are estimated not satisfactory.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic prevention measures, only soft copies sent via pre-mentioned emails will be accepted.
Done at Kigali, on 07 July 2022
Country Programmes Manager -Rwanda
Country Representative – Rwanda
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Belgium