RECRUITMENT NOTICE Nº 006/08/2022
MUGANGA SACCO is a Saving and Credit Cooperative for health sector staff in Rwanda. Its primary objective is to improve members’ socio-economic conditions and promote access to finance.
Muganga SACCO wishes to recruit the competent and self-driven staff on the position of Cashier/Teller on permanent basis regardless the gender, and other kind of discriminations.
Position: Cashier/ Teller
Number of needed staff: Two
Employment period: Open-ended period (Full-time)
Working place: Muganga SACCO Main Branch
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
Reporting to Chief Cashier, Teller position exists for performing the operational functions related to cash area including cash/non-cash transactions and provides a superior service level to all customers.
- Providing guidance, support and transactional services to customers;
- Cash and sorting checks;
- Accepting payments from new and existing customers;
- Counting and disbursing cash for deposits and withdrawals;
- Making deposits and withdrawals;
- Filing deposit and credit slips and other paperwork;
- Maintaining several accounts records (e.g. journal,);
- Maintaining a thorough record of the transactions held daily in the bank, from a check being cashed to a loan being taken out;
- Managing correspondence and balance accounts;
- Balance cash drawer in accordance with Muganga SACCO procedures and regulations including periodic batching of cashed checks;
- Assist in ordering, receiving, verifying, and distributing cash;
- Answer customer inquiries and refer customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line;
- Providing additional products including Cashier’s Checks, Personal Money Orders;
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained;
- Promotes the Muganga SACCO’s products and services;
- Represent the Muganga SACCO in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers;
- Maintaining detailed records on the transactions executed daily;
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
- Compliance with Muganga SACCO policies, procedures and regulations;
- Detailed records on the transactions executed daily;
- Payments reports;
- File of deposit and credit slips and other paperwork.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- Outstanding attention to detail and high levels of thoroughness;
- Strong math skills: Ability of adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in a timely manner; ability of counting and managing large amounts of money; and capacity of preparing daily balance;
- Familiar with retail banking regulations and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each;
- Very proficient in computers, smartphones, tablets and their operating systems, software and other technologies;
- High levels of honesty, discretion and integrity, being trustworthy enough to manage sensitive/confidential information;
- Exceptionally resourceful with an extensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or in finance;
- At least 1 year of experience as Cashier, Receptionist or Customer Care Officer. Having experience in financial sector is advantage;
- To be between 25 and 35 years’ old.
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Interested candidates should submit soft copies of the motivation letter, CV and copy of required degree, other important documents and Maximum of 3 persons of professional references addressed electronically to the Director General, Muganga SACCO Head Office, 1st floor of Silverback Mall, latest 26/08/2022 at 6:00 PM on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions/clarifications may be requested by email to the following email address: email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the exam and interview.
Done at Kigali, on 12/08/2022
Muganga SACCO Management