Agriculture Sales Officers
Urwego Bank Plc is dedicated to provide financial services to the people of Rwanda. Motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic spiritual transformation in the lives of underserved, using financial services and tested trainings as we share Jesus Christ’s love. Urwego Bank wishes to recruit (2) qualified, competent, committed and proactive Agriculture Sales Officers to support the Agriculture Department of Urwego bank Plc in Gicumbi Credit Office and Kabarole Branch.
Job Title: Agriculture Sales Officer
Reporting to: Sales Team Leader
Directly supervises: None
Location: Gicumbi and Kabarole
The Agriculture Sales Officer (ASO) will mobilise and market the agriculture product in the cooperatives around the working area. The ASO will ensure the agricultural products are relevant to the target market and Urwego’s mission as well as financially sustainable with credit risk managed appropriately. The ASO will work with branch leadership to grow the existing portfolio and strengthen agricultural business partnerships. The ASO will also be responsible for mobilising and recruiting new agriculture clients. Maintaining the existing clients.
Promote and fulfil Urwego Bank’s 3Ms as listed above while working within a Christ-centered environment that is mission-driven, community-oriented and results-driven.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Ensure a personal, healthy spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of biblical personal and spiritual disciplines; and
- Conduct daily work, make decisions, and help Urwego Bank make decisions in a way that witnesses to the presence, power, and love of Jesus and the reality of his Kingdom on earth.
Agriculture Product selling and marketing
- Work with Branch leadership in close collaboration with agriculture program manager to grow portfolio in assigned working area.
- Work closely and build relationship with off takers and district cooperative officers to manage and reduce the risks that may associate with poor cooperative leadership
- Strongly understand good agriculture practices and agriculture seasons
- Ensure agriculture products are financially sustainable
- Originate agriculture loans, prepare agriculture loan files and analyse the risks that may cause the loan to underperform and reduce those risks
- Identify key agriculture product risks and communicate mitigants to the supervisor
- Regularly update the agriculture loan monitoring tool to minimize the risks in the value chain
- Understand agriculture value chain financing models to grow portfolio and reduce the risks associated with it.
- Regularly monitor the quality of the agriculture product portfolio, utilizing PAR as the primary measure of portfolio quality and keeping PAR 30 below 5% on average.
- Work with Branch leadership, Agriculture Program Manager to address portfolio quality shortcomings, including default management, through regularly review, update Agric Loan monitoring tool.
- Regularly visit cooperatives to understand the field challenges and find out the solution and share the field updates to Branch manager and agriculture program manager.
Profitability and Growth
- Collaborate with different stakeholders, cooperatives, and offtakes to understand the needs of the clients to keep Urwego on the top of lending industry in agriculture sector.
- Provide all the needed agriculture practices trainings to ensure high yield to cooperatives and growth portfolio
- Strategically market Urwego agriculture product to ensure all the cooperatives in area understand the product very well.
Stakeholder and Partner Relationships
The Agriculture Sales Officer will partner with the Service Delivery staff to grow existing and develop new agricultural business lines.
- Serve as a key representative of the bank to partners and non-partners in providing expertise and funding focused on agriculture products.
- Grow relationships with strategic partners and potential partners supporting agriculture lending.
- Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the mission and vision of Urwego Bank Plc
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agri-business, or related field
- 3 or more years of experience in agricultural lending, preferably in the following value-chains Coffee, Irish Potato, Rice, Maize
- Experience in agricultural credit risk assessment and management
- Experience in field mobilisation and cooperative relationship preferably rice and Maize.
- Ability to source, negotiate and manage partnership agreements
- Proven training skills
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing demands/multiple deadlines
- Must be fluent with Microsoft office (Word, Excel. Power point)
- MUST have a valid motorcycle driving licence and be able to ride a motorcycle to the field.
How to apply
Interested and eligible applicants should send the following documents to UrwegoHR@urwegobank.com not later than 22nd July 2022 at 5pm. Applications should be addressed to HR Department and in the subject line indicate Agric Sales Officer and your preferred Branch.
- Application letter explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 2 referee names and Addresses.
- Notarized Academic Documents, and additional certificates if any.
- Recommendation from your Church with a validity of not less than 6 Months
- Your personal signed statement of Faith.
- Copy of ID
- Criminal Record Form from Irembo.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for the test and interviews.
Urwego Bank PLC